PDA

View Full Version : We Are Creatures of Habit

Starkist
06-24-2003, 03:15 AM
http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/archive/images/peanuts2060979030624.gif

Incidently, ordering a meal is something I'm not very good at. It takes quite a while to pick from a menu, and don't even ask how long it takes to get food at a mall food court....

Daarkseid
06-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Okay, I think I can actually relate to this, seeing as how I normally find one selection from a restraunts menu and then I continually order that same thing each time I visit said restraunt.
Though I still usually check the menu to make sure that item is still available. I don't want to feel awkward when I order something that is no longer available.

Jigglysaint
06-24-2003, 02:50 PM
/me pulls Starkist's pants down

Sorry, force of habit!

Starkist
06-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, that was disturbing.

Jigglysaint
06-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Well at least I got a CHUCKle out of it-wait, bad pun considering who I'm talking to.

Jawa Podracer
06-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Whenever I go to,say, Friendly's, I always usually get either chicken fingers or a bacon cheeseburger. At this one Chinese buffet in my town, I always get Lo Mein, General Tso's Chicken, an egg roll, apple sticks, and two pieces of chicken, and I get 2-3 plates of that. I don't know anybody who doesn't order the same thing everytime they go to a restaurant.

And don't ask why I am speaking of which morsels I dine with, for you shall not hear a response.

Trevelyan_06
06-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I think you order the same thing over and over because you know what you are going to get. It's not that people are afraid of risk or change, but everyone likes to have something stay the same. Plus when you go to a resturant you're either at fast food and don't care what you get because it all tasted pretty much the same, or you are a nicer resturant and then you generally prefer to talk to the ones you came with and not really spend a lot of time on the menu.

Jigglysaint
06-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I spend a very long time looking at the menu before I order-the same thing I usually order. I tend to go for things I find more novel, like chicken wings or anyting I don't get at home.

Rijuhn
06-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I take awhile to order because I love to pick something really original so I get a good variety in my life. I love to try new foods and drinks, but my dad doesn't seem to understand exactly what I mean. He'll get mad at me and tell me to hurry up, but he's very impatient anyway.

Jigglysaint
06-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Well there is a difference between making up your mind and just being slow, which most parents interpret it as anyway.

TheGeepster
06-26-2003, 05:43 AM
My moods shift, so I tend to be a little more varied with what I order. However, some places I do tend to order tha same thing, particularly WhataBurger and similar places.