PDA

View Full Version : Bombable walls and walkthrough don't work

Freedom
06-23-2003, 01:07 AM
I'm using the BS tiles in a dungeon and have the door combos all set but the walkthrough and bombable doors don't work right.

The locked doors and shutters work.

The dombable door bombs ok but only on one side and then returns to not bombed after you leave that frame, and the walkthrough won't work at all.

I have freeform dungeons in use, is that what's causing these not to work?
Or is it a bug, or both?

Tsukuru
06-23-2003, 02:20 AM
I always check layers when that happens. Sometimes layers can muck things up in freeform dungeons.

Freedom
06-23-2003, 11:44 AM
These two rooms had no layers.

I ended up using layers 2 & 3 to make a walk through wall, after never getting the bombable or walkthrough walls to work.
must be a bug

Zeldageek
06-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Hey! Maybe you could use the layers to help you with the with the walkthrough doors! Put a wall-looking walkable tile on layer zero, and for layer 3, put the same tile on, but with unwalkable on it. I'm not using BETA 1.92, but I used to. Hope it works! :D Oh, make sure the tile next to it has an overhead combo property.

Freedom
06-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Freedom
These two rooms had no layers.

I ended up using layers 2 & 3 to make a walk through wall, after never getting the bombable or walkthrough walls to work.
must be a bug

:O)

EDIT;

Ok, here's the scoop, in order to get the "dead Link" to start in the enterance room for the level I had to use level "O" on the dmap for the lower floor in the dungeon.
( the oo bug)
It being level "O" caused the walls not to bomb correctly or walk through correctly.

When the dmap for the lower floor was named level 4 as it really should be, it started link out in the lower level room 73, why I don't know, since it was set on the dmap to start him on screen "OO", where he could then insta-warp to the correct starting position.