PDA

View Full Version : PureZC Tiles - anything for Beta163?

pLeitorian
06-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey there.

I'm moving away from using the BS-Zelda tiles for my next quest. I decided to use PureZC ones (like the the ones Mr. Z had in "Triforce of Seasons"). Now, I've already done quite a bit of Overworld work and tile-making and tile-importing of my own for the title screen, but now I've noticed some problems.

(To get the bulk of the tiles in the first time, I just loaded a 1.90 quest into 1.92 Beta 163 and then deleted all the screens)

Specifically, they're color problems. A lot of stuff comes up as "all black" -- specifically, Gleeok2's and Gold Ring link. They all look like shadow figures. Is this because of the palette PureZC tiles use or what?

In addition, the flames for Gleeok2 are that ugly tile for things that aren't set even though there already is a flame tile. I'm not sure what to do. I don't have the new enemy screens in use. Is there a new enemy tilesheet for PureZC tiles? Do I need to go in and make complicated manual adjustments to all the graphics ...?

Thanks in advance --

(PS: I use Beta 163 for everything because 182 and 183 make my screen scroll funny. I get a REALLY ugly and obvious flicker. I have tried both DOS and Windows versions and three OS's (XP, ME, and Win98 SE) and nothing fixes it...)

redmage777
06-22-2003, 07:47 PM
You need the color paletes for the new bosses and the gold ring, download a version of Pureset thats up to date, That should be the simplest fix for your problem. If you have custom tiles, then export you tileset and rip them into the new one. The new PureQuest should have a full complement of enemy tiles as well.

BTW, If you want to convert to the new enemy tiles, its all or nothing, but you can rip all the defalt enemies from the clasic tile set and use that as a referace.

pLeitorian
06-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Which one is the most recent? I see three on PureZC...

Updated yet again:
------------------------------

OK, I'm *almost* there.

I found the "enemy fire" thing in Sprites->Weapons/Misc, so that's fixed. Right now, here's what's happening:

Gohma3 is Red, Gohma4 is Blue (same as regular Gohmas)
Wind wizzrobes are Blue (same as regular Blue Wizzrobe)
Fire wizzrobes are Red (same as regular Red Wizzrobe)
Mirror Wizzrobes and Bat Wizzrobes are both Black (but look OK).
Super Darknuts and Deathnight Darknuts are both Black (but look OK)

Gleeok2 is a SOLID Black, as is Gold Ring Link (and some of his items when he has the Gold Ring, like the Golden Arrow).

I'd like to find a way to change only some of these colorizations (for example, turn Gohma3 yellow and Gohma4 green, or distinguish between the Wizzrobe colors). I just want a player to be able to distinguish between the enemies, and right now, I just don't know how to do that. Again, it's Mr. Z's tiles from "Triforce of Seasons" and "Ocarina of Time 2." I guess those weren't Pure tiles after all, because I did the download from PureZC, and everything was *way* off.

Any ideas ... is it just a matter of selecting the "extra enemy sprite pallette," or what?

redmage777
06-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes, you will have to use the "extra enemy sprite pallette"

You can only change the colors if you use the new enemy tiles. You can't change the cset, but can use diferant colors within them. Infact, I've even seen Green and Yellow Fast Octoroc, in with the normal ones. There should be a referance to tell you the positions of all the enemy in your Zelda Classic folder, print it of, it could come in handy.

As for the Gold Link and Gleeok 2, copy a normal differant Link cset into the position for gold and gold Icon and convert the colors from red, green, or blue to gold (Or whatever you want). And copy over the Gleeok cset and make any changes you wish.

As for the Cset positions, I don't know them off hand but they should be listed in the help file, look for them there.

pLeitorian
06-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Ah, but the weirdness with these tiles is that every color choice in CSets 10 and 11 is *black* - I didn't think Gold Link had a special position...? In my Nth-Quest, Green/Blue/Red/Gold link all seemed to appear in the same place.

Do I need to get something new into CSets 10 & 11 ? If so, how the heck do I go about doing that (read the pinned thread but all it really helped with was terminology) ?

Finally, I only have the list for the *new* enemy sprites, but we're talking about what, 1000 tiles ? For which the colors, on import, are *all* wrong, so doing them by hand isn't really much of an option. I think my problem is merely that CSet 10 and 11 contain nothing but black, and that Gold Link, Gleeok2, and the Wind and Mirror Wizzrobes use it. Funny, though, how some of the other enemies (Gohma-Red/Gohma3) end up the same color, even though they don't when I use other tiles/sprites... :-/

redmage777
06-24-2003, 05:13 PM
The Csets for gold link are Not on the normal pallette, they are swap out csets, and can be found in the Sprite 1 pallette.

Look under Quest-> Graphics-> Colors -> Sprites -> #1.

Gold Links cests are right under the csets for red link (There are 2 of each, one is for the game icon, and Green Link has only one.)

pLeitorian
06-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Halfway there. I made a gold Link, although it wasn't the line *below* red/green/blue colors that needed to be edited; it was the line *above* them (specifically, Row 8 in that Quest-Graphics-Colors-Sprites-1 part).

This still leaves me with the issues of my shadowy Gleeok2 and Gohmas and Wizzrobes duplicating colors. I can't find any sort of help file that tells me what certain sprites use, though, and I've got about five ZC versions installed!

Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

redmage777
06-25-2003, 09:46 AM
I'll have a list of all the boss c-sets later, I'll explain what to do then.

pLeitorian
06-25-2003, 10:14 AM
OK, cool. I actually did manage to find where Gleeok2 is, it's Row 12 in Extra Sprite Pallette 1.

Unfortunately I did something to my other colors and now my Aquamentus is orange and Dodongo glows in the dark (oops!).

redmage777
06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
OK Heres the list:

0: Aquamentus
1: Gleeok 1
2: Digdogger and Kids
3: Ganon
4: Ganon Stuned
5: Ganon Dying
6: Blue Link
7: Red Link
8: Gold Link
9: Green Link Icon
10: Blue Link Icon
11: Red Link Icon
12: Gold Link Icon
13: Gleeok 2

Page 2:

15: PatraBS Set

This Information should help you fix your Aquamentus and Dodongo. My guess is Aquamentus some how got Dodongo's cset.

pLeitorian
06-27-2003, 12:31 AM
mage, which one is Dodongo? I seem to have everything fixed but that one ...

Happyman
06-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Dodongo is either CSet 8 or Digdogger CSet. There's a rule that tells which one. Forget what it's called, but if it's unchecked, CSet 8 is the one you're looking for. ;)

pLeitorian
06-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks. Somehow "Dodongo Color Fix" got checked, but all that did was make him all ugly and glowy.

Woohoo, all my graphics work now, and I can get cracking on the important stuff again (the quest)! :)

Thank you so much to everyone who helped out here, I learned quite a bit.