PDA

View Full Version : The Aftermath

Shadowblazer
06-22-2003, 05:24 PM
The 2003 AGN Convention is drawing to a close, and I'm sure lots of fun and interesting pictures, videos and stories will be popping up all over the boards just as soon as everybody else makes it home :D

The Year 2 icons will be up for everybody who attended just as soon as I find time. I'm still in Ohio, at Zaph and ck's, along with Kryten, mattwdr, Zorch, Ganonator, and of course the actual residents of this house, so my vacation time isn't quite over with yet :D Little after convention party for the people who were hardcore enough to spend more than two days with us freaks ;)

moocow
06-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey! I woulda stayed longer if I had known anything about this "after party"! Plus, I would come back down later if I had a way there. Just for 'Blazer secks :)

Gerudo
06-22-2003, 06:14 PM
on the way home was 90% cool...

i had a little run in with a police cruiser :sweat: , i owe goat big time for it... :(

we were cruising along, and we were just jamming to the music, and suddenly he says 'dude theres a police car behind you'

i turn to see it whipping around other cars, and pull up behind me... well, we got pulled over for my stupidity in speeding (not telling), but she was nice enough to let it slide... but both goat and i got slapped with seat-belt violations, but theres 1 problem: he had his on! i tried to tell her, but she seems to think him scratching his chin was reaching for his seat-belt...

it sucks...

but hey, the whole weekend was a fucking blast! those of you who didnt go will be filled with enyv! :D

Masamune
06-22-2003, 07:45 PM
ya, i was in the back of that cop car and i tried to tell her that his seat belt was on but she it me with her nightstick and made me shutup. :(

Jemsee
06-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
on the way home was 90% cool...
...but she was nice enough to let it slide... but both goat and i got slapped with seat-belt violations,...

it sucks...

Bummer getting nailed by the cops.
Sounds like she did the "good cop, bad cop" all in one person.
I hate when they do that, they pull you over, caught you going such and such but only write the ticket for somthing under that.
So you end up thanking them for being such a nice guy and STILL GIVING YOU A TICKET!:eyebrow:

Zeo
06-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Yeah, but seatbelts are MUCH cheaper and No points.....so yes she kinda screwd you over to fill her "enforcement of the new law" (I assume you got cuaght in Ohio) quota.

But like I said, $25 and no points beats $85-$150 (depending on County) and 3-5 points on your liscence.

Ibis, God of Magicks
06-23-2003, 10:42 AM
I would have loved to stay longer...but ya know...

AlexMax
06-23-2003, 02:12 PM
ROFLMAO!

I just had the most kick ass time at the convention. Just got home.... It just kicked so much ass to see everyone in person...

moocow
06-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Zeo
Yeah, but seatbelts are MUCH cheaper and No points.....so yes she kinda screwd you over to fill her "enforcement of the new law" (I assume you got cuaght in Ohio) quota.

But like I said, $25 and no points beats $85-$150 (depending on County) and 3-5 points on your liscence.

They did get pulled over in Ohio.

And, Zeo has a point with the... points... thing... yeah :p

Gerudo
06-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by moocow
They did get pulled over in Ohio. its Cincinatti's territory...

Originally posted by Zeo
But like I said, $25 and no points beats $85-$150 (depending on County) and 3-5 points on your liscence. try again, sunshine...

100 bucks a peice...

DragonFang
06-23-2003, 10:49 PM
It feels good to be back home. Just got back.

It was a great time at the conevetion. :clap: I just wish some more members took the time to show up... ( You know who you are... :whap: )

Did get the car fixed early... The transmition was "SMASHED" as the guy put it...

Well... I can't think of much more to say... other than anyone who dident come, missed out on a great time, and I can't wait for the next get-together.

Gerudo, ouch... Well... at least you dident have it too bad... It took about $2000 for me/us to get back home. :sweat:

Rijuhn
06-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Gah! I really wanted to go this year, just like last year. I just know I couldn't go because my parents would have said NO WAY! They know nothing of AGN, so if I were to tell them I'm leaving for Ohio for the weekend to visit with some people I met online they'd call the police and detain me, lol. :D

I'm really sure I can go next year since I'll be 18 and all, but I don't know if my dad will let me use his car or not. Maybe if I explain the situation to him next year around February he might let me use his car. Man, buying a car with you own money is a bitch, especially when you have other things that you have to buy. I think I'll be using my dad's Crown Victoria for the next four years of college, how sad. ;_;

I know I'd love to hang out with you guys, especially because I'd be a major part of the entertainment. I could probably finally act wild and get laughs instead of shrieks of terror, lol.

Jemsee
06-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
.... I just know I couldn't go because my parents would have said NO WAY! They know nothing of AGN, so if I were to tell them I'm leaving for Ohio for the weekend to visit with some people I met online they'd call the police and detain me, lol.
Maybe if I explain the situation to him next year around February he might let me use his car.

You realise that some parents were at this thing too?
Last year I brought my son and we both hung out.
This year AlexMax's Mom was here and stayed in one of the cabins.
She helped out with a lot of stuff too, a really great lady.
Also DragonFangs parents brought him; they stayed in a hotel outside the campground but were here none the less.
So when you talk to your folks let them know that many other parents support this and encourage it.

Amber
06-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Don't balzac, Ibis and I live semi-close to you Rijuhn, or is that someone else I'm thinking of? If it is you and we go next year, you could always ride with us.

Rijuhn
06-24-2003, 10:32 PM
That would be an idea, Amber. I think there are a total of 5 people from VA on AGN, and Erasul is the closest to me, only one city away, but an hour drive. He seems cool and I wanted to hang out with him at the mall or something last summer before he stopped comming to AGN as frequently as he did. I think next year for sure because my parents can't do anything about it. I could take a great hound bus or something, I don't know.

I've never been out of state, and I'm not really independent yet because of my over-protective parents, but I still love them. I'm sure I'll have it all figured out in time for AGN Con 2004, so maybe you guys could get together and pick me up on the way or something. It sounds like so much fun. I'm sad I couldn't go. :(

Zorch
06-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Just wanted to let ya'll know I got back finally... the last leg of the trip was a drag, but definatly worth it! ; )

P.S.

I did something!!! I got HOME lol

cyberkitten
06-26-2003, 12:56 PM
/me hugs zorch

yay! everybody's home and in one piece. guess that means it was a successful weekend.

i dunno how much longer i'm gonna need to recover from this one. every time i see someone bring up next year's convention i get queasy...gimme a month or two for things to settle back down before the big planning orgy starts again. :D

Ganonator
06-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Excellent, ck.. i like that spirit :p