PDA

View Full Version : New member, and Zquest-ions

Nephlite
06-22-2003, 03:27 PM
New user of Zquest here..... In fact so new I havent gotten out of the tutorial yet.

Im running into 2 problems.....

1)In the very first overworld room, I have a cave where you enter and get the wooden sword. For some reason whenever I enter the cave, get the sword, and exit another sword appears in the upper left corner of the room. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

2)In a dungeon room im trying to make a stairway you go down to get to an item room where you get the ladder. Now I got this to work on the overworld...basically... but i cannot get it right in the dungeon. The item is not appearing in the room, just in the upper left hand corner of the room with the stairway.

Any ideas or tips you can give i would be very grateful for.

Thanks!

Nephlite
the traveler

Tsukuru
06-22-2003, 04:08 PM
When you're editing your maps, you can press page down and you'll see a row of different icons. Click on the rupee icon to place where the special item on your screen will appear. That should solve both, hopefully.

Drunken Tiger
06-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Im moving this to the Zquest forum for you so youll get more help...;)

Jigglysaint
06-22-2003, 07:46 PM
DT sorta got the wrong forum, almost.

Yes, you problems are a result of not moving the rupee icon found on one of the pages at the bottom of the screen. There is a stairway icon that is the position of the stairway secret combo, then there are the two warp icons, the blue one is for warps, and the green one is for enterence/exit warps and continue points.

redmage777
06-22-2003, 08:04 PM
I thought the "rupie" item and the "special" item were 2 seprate items?

Jigglysaint
06-22-2003, 08:19 PM
They are but the rupee icon is for the item that appears on screen via the items menu, not the special item one.

Tom
06-23-2003, 02:20 PM
look i will explain this the easy way just change the special item not the item. Normal items appear in the screen your on and special items will appear in the room where the door, stairs or whatever leads you. So basically just change the special item to whatever you want and change the item back to nothing. Simple.