PDA

View Full Version : What is love?

Starkist
06-22-2003, 01:58 AM
http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/archive/images/peanuts2003062174222.jpg

Irony is the girl who speaks most about lovebeing one who has no idea what it really is....

Masamune
06-22-2003, 09:53 AM
that was in the paper yesterday! =O

Sub-Zero
06-22-2003, 10:25 AM
damnit, my girlfriend always reaches over and unlocks the door for me, im doomed! ;o

TedHead
06-22-2003, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't call that love... but the teasing playfulness is a benefit OF love! :D

TheGeepster
06-22-2003, 06:30 PM
*chuckles* Do many people have any clue what love really is?

(Actually, I think Chuck came pretty close to it. Love is an action you show to those you care about. It lies in the small things you do for the benefit of the other.)

Jigglysaint
06-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Starkist, you are just "nuts"!

Ian
06-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
*chuckles* Do many people have any clue what love really is?

(Actually, I think Chuck came pretty close to it. Love is an action you show to those you care about. It lies in the small things you do for the benefit of the other.)

The cute girl Chuck is talking about locked the doors on his dad, not un-locked :p

TedHead
06-22-2003, 07:38 PM
AHAHAHAHA! That was one of the corniest jokes I've ever heard!

...but sadly, I liked it. :P I'm pathetic.

Trevelyan_06
06-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Love is stupid little things like Charlie Brown points out. It's the little things you do with your loved ones that lets them know you care. Love can never be defined and can't be proven. If your in love, then you'll know it.

And contratry to what people think there is no time line with love. Some people think that a couple shouldn't move in together until after they have been going out for a long time. Screw that, you should move in together when you both feel the time is right. Getting married is another issue people tend to confuse. Some people look down on others because they say they get married "too soon". Again, if you're ready, then you're ready. In the end love conquers all.

zables
06-23-2003, 02:29 AM
FYI everyone, thats out of a Movie called Snoopy Come Home, although i dont think that their under a tree... im not 100% sure on that, its been years since i watched that show...
i need to find a place where i can download charlie brown and teddy ruxpin..
LONG LIVE PEANUTS!

Starkist
06-23-2003, 02:30 AM
The movie (which I have seen many times) followed the strip. A few weeks ago I posted a few strips where Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty went to a carnival, that was also used in Snoopy Come Home.

TedHead
06-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Trevelyan_06
If your in love, then you'll know it.
I don't think so!

I once thought I was in love. I really really did. Turned out it was something called "infatuation" over this really good looking girl.

I think I am in love now, but I'm not sure. I know I like everything about her, not just hooked on her pretty face... I hope I'm in love anyway...

TheGeepster
06-23-2003, 03:08 PM
I noted that little twist at the end, Ian. That's sort of the punchline. You expect her to be nice in return and prove the point that was being made, and all of a sudden she does the exact opposite.

What Chuck's dad did is a small example of love (that and the fact he put up with the cute gal's prank.)

This has been "Explaining the Joke" with your host, Geepa J. Moogle

That's the trouble right there TedHead. Most people find infatuation and mistake it for love. And infatuation inevitably dies. Nothing kills it like familiarity, too. (which is noteworthy in the abstinence debate, but that's another topic.)