PDA

View Full Version : AGN Snowboarding/Skiing Trip WINTER 03-04?

Radium
06-22-2003, 01:48 AM
Would anyone be interested? post your comments here, we would need to decide which mountain we go to, ect. ;)

Just curious as to who might attend.

Crazy_Link
06-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Hmmmmmm. I MIGHT.:rolleyes:

Ultra22Lemming
06-22-2003, 09:29 AM
I have 2 reasons of not going:

1. I'm too young to even be here, actually I am turning 13 today.
2. I don't like snowboarding/skiing

Ian
06-22-2003, 10:48 AM
1.) I'm too young to be here too, but I'm not turning 13 for antoher 5 months.
2.) I love snowboarding, though, I always ending beating myself up. :tongue:

MANDRAG GANON
06-22-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't Ski/Snowboard but if this does happens and its anywhere near me, I will definately go and try to ski/snowboard :)

Dracula
06-22-2003, 11:37 PM
I'll go if I wanna break my ankle... :) If I have no other reason, then maybe...

Ich
06-23-2003, 12:02 AM
I snowboard in the winter a lot, I've got my own board (a K2 Spitfire Wide from a few years back) and would like to, but I know for a fact my parents would forbid it. Plus, you're on the west coast, and I'm here in Pennsuckvania.

Jemsee
06-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
I don't Ski/Snowboard but if this does happens and its anywhere near me, I will definately go and try to ski/snowboard :)

That would be me too.
No way would I get on a snowboard, and haven't skied in years.
But if there would be sledding or snowmobiles, I'd do that.
And it there was a lodge with a bar, that would be a big plus.
All depends on where, when, and how I feel at the time.

EWild
06-23-2003, 10:54 AM
I'd go, if it was say in Newfoundland. We have quite a few good Snowbording/Skiiing: Marble Mountain, Mont Shana, Northern Lights Ski Club, Smokey Mountain, Ski Club White Hills. Go here (http://www.skitownresorts.com/statemap.cfm/NF.htm) to see where each are located. But I doubt anyone would want to go to Newfound when BC has Whistler etc. :\

Yoshiman
06-23-2003, 06:37 PM
I'd go, but I can't ski or snowboard, and the day my parents let me would be the day hell freezes over.

Ibis, God of Magicks
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I've been holding my tounge for awhile, but seeing as this post won't die, I can keep my peace no more.

I think it is a personal bitch slap to suggest a convention anywhere but where it has been the past two years. All the work that Zaph and Kitty and everyone else has put into it, its just not right. I will only attend a convention hosted by them.

linkofzelda1
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I would definitely go. My parents would probably let me go, if they have every single detail, and if one of them came... Gimme the details and i'll see if i can go :)

BTW I live in Portland, Oregon...anything around there would be great lol

Jemsee
06-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks
I've been holding my tounge for awhile, but seeing as this post won't die, I can keep my peace no more.

I think it is a personal bitch slap to suggest a convention anywhere but where it has been the past two years. All the work that Zaph and Kitty and everyone else has put into it, its just not right. I will only attend a convention hosted by them.

Umm... I got the impression that this suggestion was just an AG get together not a replacement for the official convention, I could be wrong though.

Also I heard rumblings that Zaph and ck may not want to do it all again next year.
This also may not be true, you know how rumors are and what happens when you ass-u-me.
But if they don't what then?

gdorf
06-24-2003, 05:14 PM

I don't see how it is a bad thing for us to hold more than one convention a year, and it is certainly not something to get angry about. The more chances I get to see you guys the better!

moocow
06-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Depending on where it is and how much it'll run me, I could go. It depends really. I hate snow, though, just for the record.

Radium
06-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks

It's definately not a replacement for the convention at all, I was just wondering how many skiers/snowboarders we have on the forum and who would like to go on a trip during the winter, since we already have something for the summer... Nothing against the convention at all, no trout slapping goin on here ;).

Ganonator
06-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Radium - good buddy... lets talk

a trip like this would be a great idea. I understand that most of the people don't want to go to such a get together because there is a lot of travelling involved as well as a lot of people afraid of snow. shit - if alex went, we'd probably lose him.
Personally, this would be good for members who aren't in the highly populated Ohio area to get together. I live in Montana at the moment, and although you are in California with mountain galore, we should explore the options. I say we should keep this relatively open. (and i'll be in seattle come winter)

As far as other posters here... lets not bash this topic because you aren't intersted.. mmkay??

Verman
06-25-2003, 02:08 PM
ARGH SNOW!!! DONT SAY THAT WORD!

I hate snow, Despise it! Course being Canadian I see it alllllll the damn time. Now if there are going to be snowmobile races that would be different, theres nothing like sputtering around at about 110 on a Mach-Z out of sheer bordum :D

But snow still sucks....summer forever, Im buying an SUV so i can rip the muffler off and help with global warming....

As it is, to stay on topic, there is no way id go...just to far away, plus I dont have the time.

Radium
06-25-2003, 11:37 PM
/me shudders
I can't comprehend how anyone could be possibly SCARED of snow :O scary thought! hehe, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE SNOW!! and SNOWBOARDING :)...
So far so good for the turnout of peeps who would go, most resorts require at least 20 people in order to get group deals so we'd need that many.

Ganonator
06-26-2003, 01:30 AM
I guess we either a) do it at a low budget ski hill, or b) threaten people. I like the second choice better