PDA

View Full Version : New PC, what type of speakers should I get?

Fatty Lumpkin
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm building a new PC for myself:

Athlon XP 2500+ (barton)
Some generic (yet decent) motherboard
512 MB 333mhz DDR RAM (can't remeber the exact numerical title)
80 gig 7200 rpm Maxtor HD
Radeon 9100 Pro
SB Audigy 2
DVD-ROM
I'll be dual-booting XP and SuSe linux.

My question is, what type of speaker system should I get? I thought about a regular PC speaker system, but I want to be able to use it for my PS2. Also, I'd like a normal DVD player for movies. So a home theatre system makes the most sense. I'd rather not spend over $250, and it needs to have a digital input from my audigy 2. Anyone have an opinion?

vegeta1215
06-21-2003, 11:34 PM
I have some really nice Yamaha speakers that I got for my birthday a few years ago. It's just two speakers and a subwoofer. I think my Dad said they were like $70-$80, but they're definitely worth it. I don't think they sell them in retail stores anymore cause they cost alot.

I highly recommend Yamaha, but I'd check in some stores and try some out, see what sounds good to you.

dEaD_mAn_WaLkIn
06-22-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I highly recommend Yamaha, but I'd check in some stores and try some out, see what sounds good to you.

Yamaha is a good quility brand. I'd recommend it

Fatty Lumpkin
06-22-2003, 12:48 PM
My brother has a yamaha stereo system, and it's really nice. But I think a 5.1 yamaha surround would be out of my budget. I'm leaning towards one of the mid-priced sony systems.