PDA

View Full Version : Screen 00 Bug

Tsukuru
06-20-2003, 09:51 PM
What is the Screen 00 Bug?

DeathLink
06-20-2003, 10:11 PM
its actually not really a bug, its just something the 'questers' do, its when you make an extra floor that uses a differnt Dmap and you cant continue on the screen u desired.

Tsukuru
06-20-2003, 10:37 PM
So if you wanted separate dungeon boss music using a different dmap, how would you make it so your restart at the beginning of the dungeon?

Blonde799
06-20-2003, 11:07 PM
This is a bug. Fatacatfan actually explained what the bug incurred on DMap use, but I can't find it. Basically, the bug is Link starting at point 00 on your DMap, regardless of where you specified the cont. point. I think it had to do with certain warps missing the ability to actually record the cont. point, or something along the lines of such.

This problem could occur when you shift your DMap past the default coordinates. Just have a duplicate room of the entrance, and have pit warps in front of Link to insta warp you back to the real entrance.

DeathLink
06-21-2003, 01:43 PM
so it is a bug....i thought, well you know what i thought....

Freedom
06-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Ok...
I'm having a problem with this.
I have 2 floors on my level 4 dungeon.
I have a dmap for each,
the upper level is named level 4 the lower level IF I name level 4 returns dead link to screen 73, if I name that dmap "0" it sends him to the "OO" screen where he can be warped to the proper starting point.

Is it not possible to use level 4 on the second dmap and still get it to take him to the "oo" screen on that map?

I don't know why it takes him to screen 73 as screen oo is marked under continue here on the dmap.

the upper floor is on map # 5 and the lower floor is on map 30, when link dies I want him to return to the starting point on map # 5