PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man Battle Network:Transmission

Kairyu
06-20-2003, 06:44 PM
For the GCN. I've heard a lot... okay, so I've heard a little about this game, but a lot of people's opinions of it contradicted each other's....

I've managed to establish that it's basically a huge nostalgia trip for the origional Mega Man series. And that it takes plae between 1 and 2. But I don't know it it's really hard, moderatly hard, whether it's fun difficult or "!@*# SPIKES!!!!!!" difficult, and if it's long enoughto buy instead of rent. I don't suppose anyone here would be able to give me some answers? Thanks in advance and afterwards, as always...

Ian
06-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Well, I was about to get it, but someone took it as I walked in the door -_- I'll try to play it next week, but so far, I think it looks pretty awsome

Cloral
06-20-2003, 11:13 PM
The only thing I've heard is that the chip system doesn't translate too well from the MMBN world to the side-scrolling platfrom world of Transmission. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what someone who actually has the game (and isn't paid to do reviews) says about it, but in the meantime I think I'll get MMBN3 instead.

Mak-X
06-21-2003, 04:28 PM
EGM basically said it was kinda oldskool side scrolling, but too freaking hard, and gave it around 5.5 - 7

TheGeepster
06-21-2003, 08:30 PM
So that basically means that it doesn't suck, but it won't win the awards either. Right?

Grasshopper
06-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I got a bit confused by all the chip junk they were talking about. :laughing: It was nice old-skool, but I really like the old games on the Nintendo, and this was a slower paced game than those, and what happened to the level theme? And PLEASE, why do they have to leave in japanese voices. Overall, from what I played it was pretty cool

Yoshiman
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
I saw MM:NT in Wal-Mart yesterday. But it didn't have a price tag and my $20 dollar gift certificate was for the mall anyway. It looks pretty cool, but I like the Irregular Hunter series better.

Blonde799
06-22-2003, 02:09 AM
Well, the only problem I saw in that game was how the chip system was handled(some may spend a lot of time trying to get a good chip to use, as you don't have full control over it). But other than that, the only pet peeve would be that it was slightly more difficult than most games. But most reviewers are pansies anyway.:p