PDA

View Full Version : Good ol' Ann

C-Dawg
06-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Good ol' Ann Coulter.

Originally posted by Ann "OMFG" Coulter:

The myth of 'McCarthyism' is the greatest Orwellian fraud of our times," Coulter pounds. "Liberals are fanatical liars, then as now. Everything you think you know about McCarthy is a hegemonic lie."

"Liberals denounced McCarthy because they were afraid of getting caught, so they fought back like animals...

"McCarthy was not tilting at windmills. Soviet spies in the government were not a figment of right-wing imaginations. He was tilting at an authentic Communist conspiracy that had been laughed off by the Democratic Party. "

And it gets much worse in her new book, I promise ya. Good ol' Conservative lunatic fringe... given the choice between a lunatic fringe who don't bathe, and want world peace through excessive pot smoking... and a lunatic fringe who enjoys hatred, endorses Mcarthyism, and want to see their political enemies slaughtered like beef cattle... which do YOU wanna be like?

-C

Starkist
06-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Ann Coulter = Conservative Michael Moore

AlexMax
06-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Who would I rather be? I would rather be someone whose idealologies don't fall under the convenient umbrella of "Conservative" or "Liberal".

Ich
06-19-2003, 10:28 PM
That's why there's the Reform Party Platform.

Vote Pat Buchanan in 2004!

Trevelyan_06
06-19-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm a member of the the "everyone minds thier own business" party. No one goes out campaigning, there is no mudslinging. Everyone in the party gets up, goes to work, comes home and does what they want to within the restrictions of the law. When there is a political debate everyone discusses it in a civilized way and realizes that everyone has a viewpoint and every viewpoint may have some valid points.

No one in this party thinks that they should be able to tell other people how they should think, instead they present thier arguement and try and persuade people through fact and not by slinging mud. Also no one brings personal matters into politcal decision but instead focuses on the issues themselves and how to solve them.

And then this is the point that I wake up from this particular dream and usually say, "Damn it."

AlphaDawg
06-20-2003, 08:26 AM
/me places his order for "Treason" right now.

TheGeepster
06-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Umm, isn't Ann Coulter a former liberal? It seems like I've heard her interviewed by Sean Hannity a couple of times, both about books she's written, but I recall that she used to be of the left wing..

(Maybe I'm wrong about that, let me google her for a quick bio.)

As for whether or not she may have a valid point, I'll reserve judgment right now. She might actually have her facts straight..

Granted, thinking of McCarthy in a good light is hard when his legacy is comparable to that of Satan and Hitler according to what I was taught in high school.

Ich
06-21-2003, 03:03 PM
What you were taught in schools by Liberals? Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

C-Dawg
06-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Actually, questioning authority and traditional culture is EXACTLY what liberals teach. Sort of the definition of the term, Ich.

-C

Ich
06-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah? Well then...

/me trails off.

Shut up.

Starkist
06-21-2003, 04:03 PM
That's what liberals do, unless you're Hillary Clinton blaming everyone but her husband for his infidelity.....

C-Dawg
06-21-2003, 04:06 PM
There's a difference between personality problems and political ideology, you know.

Though yes, if you want to choose a party more willing to question traditional MORALITY, that'd be the Liberals too.

-C