PDA

View Full Version : Can you Throw Your Boomerang Northwest?

ShadowTiger
06-19-2003, 01:17 PM
I was just wondering. Are you able to throw your boomerang to the northwest? (Up+Left.) I haven't at all. It's some ... keyboard error, I assume. It's preventing me from triggering a block flag that I so desperately need to trigger. :shakeno:

Tsukuru
06-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Like you said, a keyboad error is the most likely culprit. If it's not the keyboard interface, then it could be the keyboard itself. Bet you guessed that.

Crazy_Link
06-19-2003, 01:24 PM
To me its pretty easy all you must do is just look in the north direction, then press your brang button and your left button together and there you have it. Oh nevermind you use keybord and I use joystick.

ShadowTiger
06-19-2003, 01:25 PM
So... you.. do have trouble, but you found a solution?

I mean, when I do it, I have absolutely no problems throwing it in 7 directions. But that 8th.. that just doesn't work.

Happyman
06-19-2003, 02:27 PM
I THINK this is a bug resulting from the Z3 style boomerang. Not positive however...

ShadowTiger
06-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Nope, it's been here since 1.90 and below.

Superstrider
06-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_Link
To me its pretty easy all you must do is just look in the north direction, then press your brang button and your left button together and there you have it. Oh nevermind you use keybord and I use joystick.

:mega:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tails/amyavatar2.gif
(Image above directed to Crazy_Link)
You use a joystick? You're lucky.

Britannianhero4, I have no trouble with this feature. Maybe it is your keyboard.

Saffith
06-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah. Keyboards do that. I have problems with down-left or down-right and Y in ZSNES, myself. Just something you have to live with. :shrug:
But if you absolutely must throw it that way, try changing the B button temporarily, or even the arrow keys. That ought to do it, unless of course you switch them to another set of keys that don't work together.

richie
06-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Have no problems.
You need some luck. I'm a programmer and I know you have to press the the right buttons at one special moment in a frame(exactly after flipping,who knows what I mean).
TIP: I play without VSYNC. When I turn it on again, it is slower, the brang is better useable.
My Joystick isn't detected, I've created a prgramm which sends keypresses to ZC when you press a Joystick button.

Yoshiman
06-20-2003, 01:09 PM
I can throw a Z3 style boomerang just fine in any direction. Maybe your keyboard doesn't like pressing you up and right at the same time. :shrug:

Ian
06-20-2003, 10:46 PM
I thrown it in every direction just peachy. If it isn't your keyboard, it could just be you :p

Crazy_Link
06-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
So... you.. do have trouble, but you found a solution?

I mean, when I do it, I have absolutely no problems throwing it in 7 directions. But that 8th.. that just doesn't work.

Well no because I never tried to, hmmm, I'm gonna try.:D

ShadowTiger
06-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Maybe your keyboard doesn't like pressing you up and right at the same time. :shrug: Yep, I pretty much guessed that. But as to why no one else has this problem, I'm am mildly confused. But that, will have to wait.

I solved the problem by [temporarily] switching my up and left keys tp the Numpad equivalents. ;) Thanks though.

Crazy_Link
07-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Nope I have no trouble.:eek: I thought I would.:drool:

Superstrider
07-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Yep, I pretty much guessed that. But as to why no one else has this problem, I'm am mildly confused. But that, will have to wait.

I solved the problem by [temporarily] switching my up and left keys tp the Numpad equivalents. ;) Thanks though.

That was a good idea, Britannianhero4. But, I still have no problem with mine.

Knil
07-08-2003, 04:17 PM
BH4, i havent any probs, it just takes me a few tries. if it helps, i happen to use the 183 beta vrs. g'luck to you! if at all possible, time it just right, and walk north while holding left. when in the right spot, hit B....maybe thatll woik fer ya....