PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with the multiwarp room

RPGAngel
06-18-2003, 09:32 PM
I am having some trouble with the multiwarp room. I have screen 81 set up with a screen full of stair combos(stair tiles) and 82 filled with black tiles. I have the warp ring set up with the four rooms(the first is the entrance room to the warp) and the entrance room is a 3 stair warp room with no guy and no string. But when I test, Link seems to be walking into the warp, but ends up on a screen full of yellow and bats flying around. If I walk him to the bottom of the screen, he warps back to the warp entrance screen. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cloral
06-18-2003, 09:51 PM
The fact that there are bats flying around and that the bottom of the screen is acting like a side warp make me think Link is ending up on screen 80 - the cave screen. Try drawing something on screen 80 and see if it shows up. I think you might have to have a guy for the 3-stair warp to work properly...

RPGAngel
06-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Thanks, I'll try both and see if they do anything.

Edit- You were right-I tried putting something in screen 80 and it showed up, that is where he is ending up all right. Do you know how I can fix it?

Freedom
06-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Three-Stair Warps
In the original The Legend of Zelda, once Link found the power bracelet he could gain access to a system of passageways that could transport him all over Hyrule. I will show you how to create one of those now.
Step 1: Draw Screen 81
Screen 81 is the screen reserved for three-stair warps. Click on Screen 81 and draw a screen similar to the one below, pressing Shift-0 (zero) to obtain the desired palette.

Step 2: Define the Three-Stair Warp
Click Quest -> Misc Data -> Warp Rings. Select "0" and click Edit.
=====>

Select Warp 1 and click Edit. Enter the relative coordinates of the screen to be transported to and click OK.
=====>

Repeat for the other three warps. Click Done when you are finished. Click Done again on the Warp Rings dialog.
Step 3: Creating the Caves
Now that the three-stair warp has been defined, all that remains is to create a warp to screen 81 on each of the four screens previously defined.
Begin by clicking on one of the screens you defined. (Note: The following steps assume that the three-stair warp will be accessed from a passage revealed by pushing a rock.)
Create a string for the person in the cave to say. (You can use the same string for all instances if you'd like.)
Choose a person to say the string.
Assign the string to the person.
Press F8 to bring up the Flag Type dialog. Select flag #1 (push up/down) and click OK. Place the flag over the rock you would like pushed to open the passageway. Press Escape to exit flag-insertion mode.

Set the under combo to the appropriate tile.
Position the passageway icon wherever you would like the secret passageway to appear.
Set the cave exit point to the location on the screen where Link should appear when he exits the cave (or is warped to it).
Set the secret combo for "stair" to be a staircase.
Create a tile warp to screen 81.
Press "R" to bring up the Room Type dialog. Select "3-stair warp" and click OK.

Click Data -> Warp Ring (or press "A"). Enter "0" as the desired warp ring and click OK.
=====>

Repeat for the other three screens. That's all there is to it!

RPGAngel
06-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks Fredom, but this isn't the three-stair warp but the multi-warp variation of it. And my destinations aren't caves but identical copies of the same room. It's a treasure game where you walk up to the chest(after picking one) to see what you won. When you walk up to the chest you should warp to an identical room with that chest open to reveal the prize. I was trying to use the multi-warp to do this so you would warp to one of the other rooms when warping. This is in a house you enter from my town. I was trying to have a game like the treasure game in LTTP.

Jigglysaint
06-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Oh! I know what to do here! Make 3 chests that are half solid and are a stairs combo. Place them in the exact positions they should be and define the warp. Basically, the destintion screen will have the chest opened and the item there, or a chest(needs 4 tiles because of item placement)below a special item so it looks like you opened the chest. It works and I tried it. It also works if you wish to give items in shops descriptions.

RPGAngel
06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit: Still can't get it right. Do I use the multi-warp with that, Jiggly? And when I do get him to warp with the multi-warp, he goes through the screen full of stairs twice then ends up on screen 00 of the first map.

Freedom
06-19-2003, 10:36 PM
why not use an insta warp?

RPGAngel
06-21-2003, 06:34 PM
But, with three chests, wouldn't there have to be three separete warps, one per chest?