PDA

View Full Version : Need help with potion shop

RPGAngel
06-18-2003, 08:56 PM
I can't seem to get this room to work right. For the potion shop: I have room data set to the fire guy,the string I want and potion shop and have the letter when I test, but nothing, the letter won't work. I have the room set up on a level 99 dmap because I'm using a layer sprite for the person. but even when I have the room info on both the warp from and warp to screen, it still won't work.

Freedom
06-18-2003, 09:15 PM
You need to use the "guy" the "string" and the room type on the room you built for the potion shop, not on the overworld screen that sends you there.

You also need to set up the potion shop info, like price and item then asign that to the room.

I assume that's where you went wrong.

RPGAngel
06-18-2003, 09:35 PM
-No, I do have those on the destination screen. And I have the shop info set up and assigned too. I just can't figure out what's wrong.

Edit-I do have the guy set to the fire guy. Is that okay, or do you have to pick one of the actual people guys? Oh and the fire guy tile is empty because I'm using layers to put people tiles in and didn't want the fire to show when using it. This hasn't caused a problem in any other room I've done it in, but could it be causing this room's problem?

Jigglysaint
06-18-2003, 10:45 PM
Are you linking to another d-map wiht the shop, or is it a cave off the overworld? If it's the first one, keep in mind that you can't use the letter in dungeon d-maps because of a bug. It's its the latter, you add the data on the overworld screen to have the cave.

I think you are having the problem with the dungeon thing, change it to a cave d-map.

Freedom
06-19-2003, 12:29 AM
how about a level # on the dmap?

BUG?
mine is set to dungeon and level 14 and the room is on map # 14
(2 of them) and they work perfectly.

Sephiroth
06-19-2003, 07:33 AM
I keep my potion shops on a dungeon DMAP and I have it set to level 1... It works perfectly for me.

RPGAngel
06-19-2003, 07:21 PM
I have the potion shop on a separete d-map from where Link warps to it from. I have the shop d-map as level 99. I'm not doing this in a dungeon, he goes into it from a house in my overworld town. The d-map is set to overworld(because the inside of the shops is like that of a house, not cave, and I want overworld colors instead of cave colors for them).

Jigglysaint
06-19-2003, 07:39 PM
That explains it, it has to be a cave or dungeon to work. You don't actually have to make it a dungeon, but the d-map type does have to be one of those two.

The d-map types don't do anything but do the following: Overworld-128 screens, rooms are defined on the screens and you warp to either room 80 or 81 depending on whether or not it's a room or warp ring. A dungeon is 64 screens and has doors usable(like shutters). A cave is like a dungeon, but the doors arn't usable. BS overworld has 64 screens and a map but otherwise acts like an overworld. Things like pallete and music can be use for any d-map type, so you can make a 64 screen overworld with people who appear right on the screen.

RPGAngel
06-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks, I'll change the d-map. I had a feeling that might turn out to be the problem.

Edit:Yes! That's what it was allright. I changed it to cave and it works fine now. Thanks for the help all!