PDA

View Full Version : Ulitimate And Final Doom

Deviance
06-18-2003, 07:13 PM
I think these two games are fricken awsome. I even made a site about these games. What do you think about Doom?

MottZilla
06-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Doom rocks and Doom 3 will be here soon. :O

Try alternate Doom Engines btw, like ZDoom or Doom Legacy. Its a nice change over ancient Dos doom.

Blonde799
06-18-2003, 07:49 PM
I like Doom 64 the most, next to Goldeneye of course.;)

Jawa Podracer
06-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I like Doom 2 a lot. I know I played Doom 1, but I can't remember if the levels I remember are from Doom 1 or Doom 2. I remember the last level of one had an elevator, and a skull near the roof, and inside was a head on a pike, and you won the game. I had to cheat to get there. I do you get there legitally?

Deviance
06-18-2003, 08:42 PM
I want the new one already so fucken bad.

AlexMax
06-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Doom is quite possibly the best game ever made. If not, the most expandable game ever made. People are STILL making maps for it.

If you want a challenge, play the Alien Vendetta addon WAD for it...it's a challenge, and the arcitecture is awesome!

mike5000
06-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
I like Doom 2 a lot. I know I played Doom 1, but I can't remember if the levels I remember are from Doom 1 or Doom 2. I remember the last level of one had an elevator, and a skull near the roof, and inside was a head on a pike, and you won the game. I had to cheat to get there. I do you get there legitally?

Yeah that is the last level of Doom II, clipping mode is the only way to see the head on the stick, (Witch I heard was teh lead developers head or somthing like that)

-by the way Im a Zdoom user :D

My favorite picture in the doom series is the one where you are holding the Rabbits head! That kicked ass..

Deviance
06-18-2003, 09:26 PM
Zdoom fricken rocks! If my friend never showed me doom, I would be dull. NOT LIKE I AM ALREADY :)

mike5000
06-18-2003, 09:31 PM
The best part about Zdoom (I dont know if you can do this in DOS doom) is that changing the controls more like Unreal tournament, Where I can aim vertically. It makes it much better.

Also has anyone tried playing Multiplayer doom? Im interested if Zdoom supports it.

Mr. 207
06-18-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't play it that often these days, mostly because I've played it through and through tons of times over the years. It is still a great game though. Hopefully my comp can run Doom 3.

AlexMax
06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
OH yeah...

http://www.zdaemon.org

DOOM Online

mike5000
06-18-2003, 11:46 PM
YES, thank you AlexMax! Ill get to work on Installing that!

UPDATE: Its installed! It works great:D

but it seems im missing some of the maps, do you know any good WAD sites?

-edit, im having big probs. well Iv get the maps, particularly Dwango5 map 1

and when i try to play everybody else has supershotguns and other guns, that dont exist in my map?? they tell me they see them, but I cant? could sombody clear this up for me/ thx

DarkDragoonX
06-19-2003, 12:54 PM
jDoom is much, MUCH better... it even supports 3D models for the monsters.

But yes, Doom is a truly wonderful game. It's still not quite as good as Half-Life, though.

Grasshopper
06-19-2003, 01:03 PM
:drool: DOOM!!!! :drool:

Originally posted by mike5000

Yeah that is the last level of Doom II, clipping mode is the only way to see the head on the stick, (Witch I heard was teh lead developers head or somthing like that)

You mean John Romero?

I enjoy Ultimate Doom the best. Doom II and Doom 64, and especially the PSX version (which had both and some extra levels) are all awesome. Final Doom....hmmm, I have it, I played it, but definitely not my favorite one. I'd have to say the worst version would be Sega 32x. It has like 15 levels and the worst music ever to grace a video game. The 3D0 version had some really cool heavy metal remixes of the music. I even bought a used copy of Doom for the GBA just the other day. Its so much better than my SNES one I have. I've been playing my way through that recently. I love it. :D I've played Doom so much I come up with my own challenges, like trying to make it through each episode without firing a weapon. (of course, I do when I fight the Cyberdemon in the Tower of Babel or the Mastermind in Dis). I think my total time for racing through the three original levels in Doom was around 20 minutes, that includes secret levels too. I'm sure someone can do better. And you can pretty much guess I'm dieing for Doom 3 (no pun intended).

Deviance
06-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Yesterday people on my site was talking about doom until my site crashed :( But I put it on a better server. I am going to host network games soon!

Tom
06-23-2003, 04:52 PM
I did buy the doom collectors edition but i said so so because i prefer the quake series

stormwatcheagle
06-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Seeeing as Doom is open source now, can someone show me where to get ZDoom?