PDA

View Full Version : New created ZClassic

richie
06-18-2003, 08:04 AM
I created something like ZClassic, but
1. in BlitzBasic
2. normally using better graphics
3. 1 k for every quest (will become bigger the next versions)

Also looking for a free download page for offering it
Please forgive my bad English :cry:

redmage777
06-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Sounds cool, I'm always open to the next big thing. So it offers beter graphics, What are it's other strong points? What can I do with yours that I can't do with Z Quest?

As for free websites, I use Geocities for immage storage, but thats about all its good for so I don't recomend it in your case. You would most likely get the Attention you need in Quest Annoucement and Disscussion.

BTW: Don't worry about the engish thing, I've seen far worse from people who actualy speek it as their natve language!

MottZilla
06-18-2003, 12:53 PM
By any chance do I know you already from another forum maybe?

Questwizard88
06-18-2003, 01:39 PM
for one, how would you fit a complete quest for the game into 1kb? i dont think all the graphics, maps and stuff are gonna compress that good at all.

richie
06-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
By any chance do I know you already from another forum maybe?
I think you don't know me.
By the way, I'm looking for your e-mail adress ( I wrote this in nearly all forums you posted a message,I think).
I found a bug or a problem in your Quest Ocarina Of Time.

Could you also write to me how I can add a reply to this thread without sending a mail, so that every visitor can read it??

richie
06-19-2003, 07:43 AM
sorry for my last question, I didn't know it is visible automatically

Blonde799
06-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by redmage777
What are it's other strong points? What can I do with yours that I can't do with Z Quest?

Exactly what I'd like to know.:shrug:

Oh, and richie, there is an edit at the bottom of your posts.;)

richie
06-19-2003, 07:53 AM
The quest editor can include bmps, then the file is bigger. if not, it loads bmps from own files (bmp,can be changed by end user ;-(( ).
better images means that bmps are used.
I just found OpenZelda, so I'll try to create a scripting language for it (like OZ,I think?).

Advantages are:
1.small file size
2.a wizard for creating quests (in work)
3. uncheatable quests (you really can get ZQuest passwords out of the file!!) (in work)
4.fixed size, so you don't have to think of the download time, it's the same for every quest (if no bmps are included).

Sorry, I often post 3 small messages instead of one big.

PS: searching somebody for graphics,midis,... for a programming team (we're 3 now)

richie
06-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Blonde799

Exactly what I'd like to know.:shrug:

Oh, and richie, there is an edit at the bottom of your posts.;)

What do you mean by edits? I'm from Germany, so I don't know what you mean.

PS: That's why I post small messages: There don't come new ones while I write

PPS: I like cats:kitty:

Blonde799
06-19-2003, 08:04 AM
I'd like specifics on this(how you draw screens, how are entities like damage combos and stuff are used, etc.), if you don't mind. And IMHO, you should stick with a point and click structure. OZ already has scripting, so there's really no use in making an open ended program, as you'd be able to find something better in this case. At least going up with ZC, all you'd have to do is put in a feature that DN hasn't yet.:p

As for your advantages, there aren't very many, and most people don't even hack quest files. But, maybe the advantages will change in the future, as this is probably an early project.

What I mean by edit, is that there's a button called "edit" at the bottom of your posts, that you use to edit(change what you said in a post you already made) your posts. I told you this because posting consecutively(multiple times or even twice) is against the rules.

richie
06-19-2003, 08:12 AM
A quest file contains:
1. A table declaring the tiles' 32x32 bitmaps
2. A visible map (can also be an external bmp file)
3. a combo table (easily made up - f.i. 1=stone 2.water,...)

Sending ideas and/or suggestions to my adress [email protected] would be nice
;-)

Blonde799
06-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Hmmm. I'd actually have to see this thing to know how it works. Dangit.:p Wait a second. Is it even playable?

richie
06-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Well, version 1.0 is ready, I think (at least it has no bugs;it never had one)

I will load it onto a free site when I get one.
I don't like geocities, I had problems visting sites hosted by geocities.

linkofzelda1
06-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Richie, i own a domain name, if you'd like i could load it up for yaz :)

Email it to [email protected] and i'll be happy to make a page for it...well, i'll upload it, but u gotta make the page lol

-tdogg

richie
06-20-2003, 06:05 AM
Thank you.
I've a poll running for the download type.