PDA

View Full Version : 'Road Map' to hell....

Starkist
06-18-2003, 04:59 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=535&ncid=535&e=2&u=/ap/20030618/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians

Israel targets terrorists, Palestine targets children... When Israel kills civilians, there is remorse and sadness; when Palestine kills civilians, they dance in the streets.

Hamas will not compromise, they will stop their murder with nothing less than the total destruction of Israel. Yet the world still sees moral equivalency. How long until the social elite begin to demand that the Jews leave Israel, that they endure another Holocaust, in order to bring peace?

When your fight is with a mob of senseless, murderous animals focused on your destruction, no amount of talking or concession will stop them. It's kill or be killed.

"I know we are Your chosen people... but once in a while couldn't you choose someone else?" - Fiddler on the Roof

TheGeepster
06-18-2003, 06:31 PM
I've been a bit uncomfortable with a roadmap to peace. On one hand, Bush is trying to tackle a legitimate problem, and to remove the hatred in the area. That makes it a worthy goal and action, one which has no place for groups like Hamas, btw.

However, it seems clear to me, from scripture and from an honest look at the general populace of many of the Muslim countries in the Middle East, that the hatred is very deeply imbed and Bush, though he is an amazing man, is not capable of bridging the gulf which has been present for millenia..

Israel will remain a nation hated by many, whose very existence is a bane and anethema to many. If this is so, then the roadmap to peace is destined to fail...

Pablo
06-18-2003, 06:36 PM
The Middle East is a volatile region, almost always has been. Frankly, I think that all that can be said about it, has been said. And in my opinion, all that could be done, has. Now all that's left is to pray for peace :shrug:

Jigglysaint
06-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Sit back and grab some popcorn because the party ain't started yet!

Read the Bible, reread the Bible and tell me that this is not a DIRECT fufillment of prophacy?

TheGeepster
06-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Such had occurred to me, Jigglysaint..
Best to keep our eyes open regardless.

My own personal theory is that the whole Muslim-Jew thing can be traced back to the days of Abraham, and the contention between Sarah&Isaac and Hagar&Ishmael.

If I'm not mistaken, not only are the Muslim people semitic, they also claim to be ancestors of Abraham. And I think such is true.