PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years at AGN

Rafnul
06-18-2003, 01:41 AM
It is incredible to me that this much has past since my early days at AGN. I've included a brief autobiography of my actions at AGN because its late and I have nothing better to do.

I initially posted in the Zelda Classic forums asking questions about zquest, and I began answering questions like I was the Guru of Zelda Classic or something. Later I stepped into General discussion and began acting like a complete idiot. I was 13 at the time and seriously lacked social skills. If anyone cares to dig up some of the crap I posted to degenerate my self-esteem, go right ahead. I made some severely controversial posts, most of them being outright lies in a futile attempt to look cool in the eyes of the AGN community.

I was a complete and total poser. There I said it. I had to put on all this crap about how cool I was because I felt completely uncool compared to some of the other members. However, with about a years time, I was straightened out.

I'd like to thank a few people for all that they've done, whether they know it or not, I really appreciate the way they have helped me develop into a much stronger person.

First, I would like to thank Dark Panther. He always kept me on my toes. I admit it, I spammed. Constantly. I was always intrigued by our "battles". Eventually, Dark Panther won, and I learned some valuable lessons about holding my tongue and respecting others from him.

Secondly, I would like to thank Daarkseid. There was always something different about him. I always admired the way he conducted himself. Though our conversations have been few and far between, what little communication you offered was incredibly valuable.

Also, I would like to thank Radium. Something about the way he thinks is very much like how I think. He got me started in web design, and I have no idea where I would be today without him.

Lastly, I thank most of all Breaker. He forced me to re-evaluate myself as individual. The harshness of his relationship with me has kept me changing. He taught me that I couldn't please everyone. He saw right through my foolish lies and games. He attacked me where it hurt the most. He showed me the truth. He forced me to take a good hard look at pieces of myself I never wanted to. More that anyone else, he helped make me a much stronger individual than I ever was before.

I know this doesnt change anything. The past will not be altered. However, I felt these thank you's were long overdue.

Ganonator
06-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Congrats!! and only 99 posts to 2000

Ultra22Lemming
06-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Congrats to you and jman!!!

moocow
06-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Congratulashuns on bein' hyar fo' 2 years! Hope yer hyar fo' 2 mo'e :)

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Wow....i'v also been here over 2 years.....how the time flies eh. Heh. AGN was my first online community...how it has changed since those early days.

:darkmage:

linkofzelda1
06-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Grats. I'm approaching 2 years myself, and yet no one really knows me as a usual on these boards lol. This probably could have been because i have spent the last year inactively...... that's beside the point :D

2 years and this is my 214th post. Lol. It's sorta sad if you think about it...

Ian
06-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Congrats, I feel I can relate to you. I came to AGN, thinking I was high in the sky, a punk with an attitude. Since then, I think I've straightened up a bit, and I add a bit more thought to my posts than I used to. AGN has showed me the better part of myself, and I hope I stay here for a while longer. Congrats again.

Mr. 207
06-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Damn you live up to your title of "Posting Maniac." Ive been here 3 years, and you have 900 more posts then me.

Ich
06-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Congrats on two years!

Mine is coming up soon.

Dark Templar
06-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Congrats, enjoy the day!

Rafnul
06-19-2003, 12:57 AM
I used to be a posting maniac... but things have curved off a bit. I'll still be around, so don't get any ideas.

tgf_guy
06-19-2003, 01:35 AM
*Cough, cough, weeze*

You whipper-snapper! Back in MY day, we had re-post everything we made a mistake on! No edit button! And we used punch cards to write out our posts! None of this fancy keyboarding stuff!

;)

DarkPanther
06-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Heeeey man, it's cool.

I enjoyed making fun of you. It was great because it was like making fun of the retarded kid in class, without feeling guilty about it. Can't believe you've lasted this long.

Congrats!

(okay okay... and yes, you have improved... ) ;p

Yoshiman
06-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Congrats on being here so long. I think all of us have to thank Breaker. He straightened us out. ALOT. My 2 year anniversary is in September. Let's see If I can geet to 2,000 posts by then (probably not).