PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes

Tsukuru
06-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I know how to do story/title scenes at the beginning of a quest using timed warps and the invis link+disable menu screen flags. How do you do a scene in the middle of the quest that a player can see only once in the quest?

I can think of one way, but it's complicated and involves making a copy of the map on which you no longer want to show the scene.

DeathLink
06-18-2003, 12:59 PM
that would prob. be the only way to do it that i can think of.

lord_jamitossi
06-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Isn't there something you can do with the secrets, a trigger enemy, and a boss room screen flag? make the killallenemies item appear at the end of the scene and put secret tiles to cover up the things that you only see once. I think i read something like that at idontknow's tutorial. check it out.

Ganonator
06-18-2003, 05:00 PM
ok..

if it is on the overworld, this is a very plausable solution for you.

Link walks into the screen - make this screen look like what you want it to when you are done with the cutscene. This is important. set a place where he is going to walk on to either Pit of Stairs. It really doesn't matter. This will warp him to the cutscene...

>>show cutscene<<

now, when you are warped back, have him land on a place on that same screen onto a trigger perm - this is why it only works on overworlds. that trigger perm is going to change all of the stair or pit combos back to regular combos. next time you walk into the screen, you won't warp anywhere, and then you will only see it once!!

i hope that works for you.