PDA

View Full Version : Magical Book

Mysterianer
06-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Hi!
Long time since my last post ^^

Can somebody say me, for what do you need the "Magical Book" in Zelda...

Shadowblazer
06-17-2003, 08:09 AM
You don't actually need it for anything, at least not in the two original quests. All it does is add some fire action to your magic wand. Wherever the beam from your wand stops, be it on an enemy or at the edge of the screen, a flame will form. It's not essential to beating the game, just gives you more ways to toast your enemies ;)

ShadowTiger
06-17-2003, 11:53 AM
It tends to be used mostly in those quests in which a torch on the other side of the screen needs to be lit. Usually, if it's placed in the middle of the screen, you must make sure there is an enemy behind it to stop the magic, so the fire will end up on the torch rather than in a void-like substance. :D

Superstrider
06-17-2003, 12:08 PM
:mega:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tails/amyavatar4.gif
The fire that comes from the wand's blast is useful against some certain enemies. Gibdos take a lot of hits to take them down, as do like-likes. The flame can knock them back while doing damage, and if they walk into it, they'll be hurt once again! This trick is useful if you don't want to use the sword. If you do not have the book or wand, use a candle.
:mega:

yugioh
06-17-2003, 01:07 PM
i thought you could only use the candel once.:computer:

Tsukuru
06-17-2003, 01:58 PM
The blue candle can be used once per screen, the red as many times as your heart desires.

Mysterianer
06-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Thanx^^
An for what do you need the AMULET?

Arathorn21st
06-22-2003, 02:06 PM
The Amulet isn't in the original Nintendo quests, but in custom quests it can reveal invisible enemies. It's commonly referred to as the cross (from Zelda 2.)