PDA

View Full Version : DOY Question

fajz
06-16-2003, 05:34 PM
I know that everrybody and hir or her broth has played this quest,
but until now I didn't have a computer that could handle a 3.59 Meg quest. I have to say that I enjoyed this quest until I got the Bow, L1 Glove and the Flippers in which I had no trouble at all.
However since then I have spent 2.5 day's trying just to find the first nightmare I think it's mirage or something like that. I also have the whistle. I found the frog and whistled and got to the desert, Then to the town and even found the guy that says he dropped something in the water by the statue in Crystalian in which I only found a heart piece and nothing else. I've explored all around the areas of Crystalian, and all the overworld for two + day's. Now my comment is that I am now officially BORED to death. Is this all there is to this quest. If so what is all the hoopla. If I'm missing something I would appreciate the help to get going again because up until now this has been a fantastic quest and unblievably huge. If I can't figiure out at least how to get to the first dungeon I'll just delete this quest and find one I can once again enjoy.

Nothing personel
FZ

Praethus
06-16-2003, 09:46 PM
There is a path through the Desert in the frog's dream that leads to a dungeon.

fajz
06-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Before or after the town. This is redicules. If this is just to find the 1st "Level" what are the rest of them like?

FZ

Praethus
06-17-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I think you head left from the town. You should start seeing Sandworms. But the path has some wrong turns that take you back into the Endless Desert. It can be frustrating sometimes.

Ielen
06-17-2003, 03:59 PM
It's some sort of maze which you need to solve but once you see the sandworms, you're on the right track.

fajz
06-17-2003, 04:42 PM
I've followed the sandworm to the cave north of the sandworm path to a cave that the man says he dropped the "Nightmarebuster in the water by the statue in crystailia".
Am I at least on the right track? This cave is full of conveyor belts top to bottom left to right. I kill all the enemy's in the northeast section an d a trap door opens.

FZ

fajz
06-20-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm now in the train station and have a problem I think. In the room 2 north of the start there is a block that is bombable. Well after bombing it there is nothing that happens I mean I still can't walk on the spot or anything. What I'm afraid of is it was the way to open the 2 closed doors in the room since I can't find a way to open them or it was suppose to be some stairs. Also since I have your attention what is the significants of the train room?
too the east of the entrance. It must be for something.
And one more thing is there anything in the mine to get besides
getting the train station opened? There is one room with a chest I figure I can get to later with the hammer. So besides that is there anything? I can't even find the relic stone. There are some spots on the wall in just about every room (at least the 4 rooms I've been in) of the train station that look like switches...how do you activate them if they are switches? At this time I have both kinds of bombs, bow, b'rang, bluecandle, and the whistle. Should I have something else before entering the train station?

Please help

FZ

Edit: Now correct me if I'm wrong...You need the hammer from little girls nightmare to defeat Geist, The cross from Error after defeating Geist to have a better chance to get the hookshot from Granny's nightmare, and the hookshot to get the hammer from little girls nightmare. Where am I wrong here? I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks again for the help

FZ

C-Dawg
06-24-2003, 10:04 AM
You are a bit confused.

You need the WHISTLE to defeat Geist in Error's dream, which you have.

Both the Train Station and the Crypt have precursor levels. The Train Station wont open until you complete the Candy Mines, and the Crypt won't be completable until you get the cross from the Portrait Gallery.

As far as a bombable wall that opens up but doesn't let you pass through it... I'm not familiar with it, never heard about that problem. Can you post a screenshot?

-C

fajz
06-24-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry if I confused you but it's a bombable block not wall. I just read in a past thread that you have to have beta 152 for this block to work. If that is true I in a heap of trouble. I don't know computer well enough to be able to bounce around like a lot of you young folk can. I'm in an older generation that started playing Zelda in 1982 with the original Nintendo and as anyone that plays zelda fell in love with it. Please tell me that I don't need 152. If I do what can I do. I can't just stop playing DOY it's just to great.
Help

FZ

C-Dawg
06-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Well, I dont know anything about what changed in Zquest after 152- that's what I designed DOY in, though. The block in question should blow up, then you push a block into it's place... if you can't do it, just ask for 152. I'm sure there are people around who have it. I may, on one of my computers at home.

-C

fajz
06-24-2003, 10:49 AM
BUMMER

Edit: C-Dawg is there a way to tell what beta your playing?
I'm sure I'm playing 182, but I have an older version but it won't plat DOY saying it's an invalid file.