PDA

View Full Version : Gnarled Root Dungeon

Cloral
06-16-2003, 05:14 PM
OK. I didn't want to ask for help, but I've been stuck for a few days in the Gnarled Root dungeon. So far, I've collected 1 key (the one 2 rooms to the right of where you start), but I need at least 2 in order to continue. Could someone give me a hint about where to look for it? I don't want to be flat out told where it is, but I am getting tired of wandering around this dungeon looking and not finding anything.

PS: There are also a few buggy rooms in this dungeon. If you like, I could send you a PM once I'm done with this level telling you all the rooms that have problems so you could fix them.

DarkFlameWolf
06-16-2003, 06:46 PM
IF you could, that would be great, thanks. As for finding that other key. Try exiting the dungeon from its main entrance, go one screen north, one east, one north and one east. Search the south side of that screen for a bomb patch. Bomb and enter and figure it out from there. Whenever you get a new item from the dungeon, always search the surrounding environs for new entrances. That's this level's main 'quirk.' Like level 5 has 9 floors and lots of bombing and dropping between floors as its quirk, level 7 has multiple entrances as its quirk, besides being a maze. So find that level's quirk and work with it. ;)

mandi2
06-22-2003, 08:56 AM
hi folks,
wich quest are you talkink about?
i am wondering still not having all of the quests from DFW.
please give me a hint.
thanks

Ielen
06-22-2003, 02:03 PM
They're talking about Hidden Duality Director's Cut :)

Petoe
06-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Today I had very much time on my hands, so I decided to download this quest and play it. And what can I say: This is the best damn quest I've played yet! :thumbsup:
It has something that other quests don't... I dunno... The quest started like every other quest, but when I entered the first level I have to say your level design skills are great indeed, DFW ;)
Only problem is that I got stuck because I probably should find arrows somewhere from the Historia place, but now I don't have time to play any quest in couple of days... I have to build my own and do other stuff. :(

BTW, off topic, will you find any time to test my quest in the near future, DFW?

Ielen
06-22-2003, 03:21 PM
You can buy arrows at the town.

DarkFlameWolf
06-22-2003, 04:04 PM
let's see Petoe.....perhaps....if the damn locked door would open properly when I have the key that goes to it. I think I keep downloading an old version or something where that was a bug. Because I seriously can't progress further. That and time is running short of late with me.