PDA

View Full Version : Bad news regarding the convention t-shirts...

Zaphod Q. IX
06-16-2003, 03:51 AM
Due to circumstances beyond the control of cyberkitten and myself (namely...almost everyone's deposits arriving late, and a HUGE family crisis involving the attempted suicide of a loved one), the convention t-shirts are not going to be ready for the actual convention. Never fear though...everyone who attends the convention will recieve the shirt they were promised, a week or so after they return home from the convention.

We're doing the best we can, folks...you're gonna have to cut us some slack. We almost cancelled the whole thing after everything that happened last week. :(

Gerudo
06-16-2003, 04:19 AM
so THATS wh yyou 2 havent been around... you have my condolences on the family member, but the best news is that the con is still on!

you 2 truly rock! :D

cyberkitten
06-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
but the best news is that the con is still on!

well, actually the best news is that it was a suicide attempt....wasn't successful. ;) and said family member is here now and doing much much better. we picked him up from the hospital saturday.

moocow
06-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm SO glad everything is okay. I'm also glad the convention hasn't been cancelled, but if it had, I would understand COMPLETELY.

/me hugs da kitty and da zaphie

Foxy
06-16-2003, 02:45 PM
No problem...those things were far more important than a t-shirt. We'll live w/out 'em! ;)

Gerudo
06-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cyberkitten

well, actually the best news is that it was a suicide attempt....wasn't successful. ;) and said family member is here now and doing much much better. we picked him up from the hospital saturday. :nerd: how dumb of me!

of course thats the best news! :heart:

Foxy is right, we can live w/o shirts...

AlexMax
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
That really sucks

But just think, in just 5 days, none of this will matter and we will be just at the convention chilling out.

Oh, and kitty, check your PM's. ^_~

Zorch
06-16-2003, 09:05 PM
I was starting to wonder if we'd hear any more news <lol> I'm glad its all still good <huggles ck> you two rowk ;)

Jemsee
06-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear you have been having RL troubles.
RL seems to just get in the way sometimes, and you don't even have to be doing anything, just minding your own business and wham.
I really am glad the person did not succeed. There are so many other options than that. I hope you set them straight on it.
From the sounds of it they are staying with you?
Was there any sign they were depressed enough to do this?
Well I will see you in a few days.
Maybe the vacation will help.
Is this person someone you could bring along?
Maybe being around others would help.

J.J. Maxx
06-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, that sucks about the suicide attempt. Be thankful he's still around to live longer, life doen't usually give you second chances. :thumbsup:

As for the convention, I guess this means we'll all just have to be topless the whole time.. :naughty:

moocow
06-17-2003, 02:21 PM
/me debates on being topless...

Nope, sorry. Don't think anyone wants to see that! :D

Kryten
06-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about what happened :(. I was just thinking the same as alex; I thought you two were just getting bored with us ;).
Seriously though, I'm really glad that he lived through it and the fact that he's staying with you two and getting better it a very good sign. Just so we can get an idea, could you tell us the relationship (parent/sibling/friend) this person has with you?
If he is willing to come along to convention, I for one would love to show him a fun time to get his spirits up.

cyberkitten
07-17-2003, 10:03 AM
hey guys, i just realized i'm going to need your sizes and addresses to be able to send tshirts out. if you could PM me with that information i'd appreciate it :D