PDA

View Full Version : happy father's day, everyone!

Gerudo
06-15-2003, 05:23 AM
happy father's day, everyone, be sure to give your dad/father something special, like a call saying 'whats up', a hug, kiss, anything is good!

considering the circumstances, i feel its an obligation for me to call my dad :D... but not my father... :disgust:

Master Ghaleon
06-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Next year it will be my 1st fathers day :) Im getting my dad some shirts, scratch-off tickets and a giftcard for ruby tuesdays

Ultra22Lemming
06-15-2003, 04:36 PM
I got my dad some nice gold balls and milkyways ... mmmm :drool:

Aegis Runestone
06-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Uhhh....I'm getting my dad...soemthing...

*runs off to a store* Wait it's Sunday! Do'h! :sweat:

Anyone got a fast card I can make? O_o :p

Ganonator
06-15-2003, 06:34 PM
My dad, being the cold and bitter prick he is, still got a nice warm loving phonecall today. I think this is the first time he talked to me with some happiness in his voice in well over a month.

He did get a dirty card from me, but that'll be when he comes home in 2 days.

Jemsee
06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Kind of bummed this Fathers Day.
Went to Mom and Dads house for dinner had a good time.
But my father is getting older, and time has taken its' toll.
He is using a cane and looses his balance easily, he was showing me his new shop light and when I was looking at it he just fell over.
He said he didn't even know he was falling till he hit something.
I got out of my mom that they were at the Doctors last Friday and they did an MRI on him and found a tumor, maybe.
They have to go to a bigger hospital in Des Moines to get further tests done a week from tomorrow (Monday 16June).
Everyone acted as if nothing was wrong but under it all we are all worried.
But all in all it was a good day, beautiful weather, ate dinner out on the back porch, was nice just to sit and shoot the breeze with the old man.

How many days do we have?
How many days do any of us have?

Dracula
06-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Heh, I went babysat my two neices again... I've already planted some flowers (testosteroney men feel free to laugh at me) at my dad's headstone on Friday, but I visited him anyway... :shrug: