PDA

View Full Version : A journey to the past... a past before AGN

bigjoe
06-14-2003, 10:10 PM
I have recently discovered that my life was ... somehow , a lot more pleasant before i joined AGN. While , generally, my experiences here have been okay, I have come to realize that I am not very well liked and that my presence here is not desired.

While, I have before claimed to be leaving , and returned, this time, it will not be the same. My leave of absence will be at least a year , if not eternal.

I want to thank the following people fo making my stay here more pleasant.

Mandrag Gannon- Perhaps I am ashamed to admit this , but you were my first friend here on the forums. You introduced me to Graal , and got my slimey hands ahold of that old leaked ZQuest. Throughout the years youve always been there to talk to , and though ive sometimes neglected our friendship , I havent forgotten you..

Mottzilla- You are probably my second friend here. Its really hard to tell when I started talking to you. But I have shared lots of great times with you and you will certainly not be forgotten

VEL- It took awhile for me to notice you , you didnt post much. Never really talked to you all that much either. But I will always consider you a friend..

Other people worthy of mention are: Goatboy, pathwalker, theplustwo(Id write a whole paragraph on him if i knew what to say),Foxx,KJazz,plith,Hypercrash, Mr207, Dark Nation, and Nutz4Linux(wherever art thou? =( ), Jarrod,Chandra, and , even though everyone hates them , Toolie and Glenn the Great..

And I musnt forget Zaphod , who taught me the beauty of spoken word.

Phantom Menace- Not only did you immortalize a classic, but you were like a spiritual master, your wisely vieled philosophies touching the very pits of my soul. Your chinese chess game rocked even moreso than Zelda Classic, imho. And though most of the new to the forums have forgotten you, I certainly havent. And shall never.

Without further ado. I shall cast AGN away and take a journey into my past. Life before AGN , before AIM , before .. before I even had the internet. I need to find the life that I have been neglecting and bring it to fruitition.

Now to discover the one thing that baffles scientists and can only be explained by a divine godly force: Life..

Farewell to you all

As a song, for those who whish to download it.

Finale (http://theplustwo.com/hosted/zcx/OriginsFinale.mp3)

linkofzelda1
06-14-2003, 10:21 PM
We'll all miss you joe =) have a nice so-called "life," which i have too neglected to attend to.

oh well, no worries, no regrets :D

Jigglysaint
06-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Can I have your beta testing spot?:D

AtmaWeapon
06-14-2003, 10:42 PM
I need to get the superlative for "Most forgettable member", for I've NEVER as far as I can remember been listed in someone's farewell post. Sad to see you go, BigJoe, nice touch with the avatar.

Starkist
06-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Bye.

VEL
06-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by BigJoe

VEL- It took awhile for me to notice you , you didnt post much. Never really talked to you all that much either. But I will always consider you a friend..

I've always thought of you as a friend (I've also thought that you would make a good friend in real life too), and wish I talked to you more. I wish you luck with getting a real life (hopefully I will get one someday). I hope you come back someday.

AlexMax
06-14-2003, 11:11 PM
See you in a month.

:blah:

And you didn't include me on the list of friends....jerk.... (meant sarcasticly)

But seriously, you aren't disliked here. Sure, people disagree with you, sure people have different opinions than you, but you can't be everyone's friend. I'm not going to ask you to stay, as you have probably made up your mind, but I strongly suggest you reconsider.

Breaker
06-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
But seriously, you aren't disliked here.

How many times was he banned exactly? -_- Someone must have liked him though, If he got away with as much shit as he threw at these forums. Not me of course, ;o

...and I wish that these goodbye posts actually meant something. Bigjoe will be back later today if not by the end of the week.

J.J. Maxx
06-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Can I have your SE items? :)

carrot red
06-15-2003, 06:32 AM
Bye, BJ.
I guess I'll still get to blame *things* on you.
And you have no idea how much I really do talk.:)

Pathwalker
06-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Bye, my dear friend, your friendship will still mean a great deal to me. I will miss our chats at the inn and the hope i had for a questing partnership. Life goes on and hugs long distance are always with you. I will think of you often and pray for you as I know how important this journey ahead is for you.

Put your left hand on your right shoulder and your right hand on your left shoulder...squeeze real tight.. my long distance hug to you. remember it every time you need to.

Love and hugs,

[EDIT:] "BigJoe would like to apologize for not including Jemsee in his list."

Ian
06-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Goodbye, you sertainly won't be forgotten.

On a side note, I feel that we've lost a lot of high posters in the past 6 or 7 months (at least 6 or 7)

Jigglysaint
06-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Goodbye B.J the Dinosaur!

Jemsee
06-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Well I am bummed.
I had always knew Big Joe was around, and was looking forward to getting to know him better as we were in the same SE guild.
He is a honest and trusting sole and I will miss the friendship that might have been. :(

Predcon1
06-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Breaker

How many times was he banned exactly? -_- Someone must have liked him though, If he got away with as much shit as he threw at these forums. Not me of course, ;o

...and I wish that these goodbye posts actually meant something. Bigjoe will be back later today if not by the end of the week.

Breaker, you couldn't just ease off a tad? I mean, seriously, how one can be as much of a jerk as you is beyond the limited intelligence of a plebe such as myself.

So long, BJ.

TheGeepster
06-16-2003, 04:07 AM
Well BigJoe, you're not as bad as you occasionally seemed. If you ever decide to return, I'll welcome ya back.

(I don't dislike many people on here at all. I just occasionally get annoyed by some now and again. And I don't recall you ever having annoyed me.)

May your life be blessed.

Gerudo
06-16-2003, 04:14 AM
How many times was he banned exactly? -_- Someone must have liked him though, If he got away with as much shit as he threw at these forums. Not me of course, ;o you do realize the being liked has NOTHING to do with how many times your banned? being banned jsut means you broke the rules... you can be the most liked member, and STILL get banned... it doesnt matter...

Joe: i only briefly spoke to you whilst i barely knew you... maybe someday you will be on AIM... but if you are totally casting the internet out of your life, then it is nice knowing what i do know of you... enjoy what you will, friend, and return to AG someday will ya? :)

AlexMax
06-16-2003, 05:15 PM

I meant in general. You do realize that you are the only member in this thread so far (Yeah, I know as soon as I post this there will be some comments from the peanut gallery that amount to "I didn't like him", but still...) with any negativity toward him.

Breaker
06-16-2003, 05:35 PM
... and my negativity isn't without reason. As many times as the kid imed or pmed me with juvenile bullshit and flames, it's pretty hard to forgive and forget. -_-