PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars 2 r0xx0r5

KingArthur
06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Yet another early rom release for me ^_^

Its like advance wars, only juicier.. I WILL buy this when its released.. oh yes, its that good

vegeta1215
06-14-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm debating whether to get Advance Wars 2. I have the original and it is by far one of the best games on GBA. The only thing is, I still have so much left to do in the original Advance Wars! I have to unlock Drake, Sturm and Nell,play the War Rooms maps, play the Hard mode campaign.

You'll have to let us know the cool parts of it. I already know about the Super CO Power, and the few new things like the Neo Tanks ;)

Jawa Podracer
06-14-2003, 07:21 PM
I have( and had for the past three months) the original AW, but there's a LOT of stuff I didn't do. I didn't unlock one Co(Stupid TFB...) And I'm not that good at War Room. Also, the Neo Tanks look stupid, and puts me off from buying this game.
I'll probably wait 3-4 months, and during that time try the ROm. If I like it, I'll buy it. Even though I'm against ROMs.

Petoe
06-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Damn Europe. When it comes here?

Well, maybe I play the AW2 ROM first, and then buy the game. Can anyone tell me how much better this is than the first one, or was the first one better?

King
06-26-2003, 09:16 AM
AW2 is superior to AW1 in every way.

Some of the old COs have been either toned down (Max) or powered up (Nell, Sonja, Sami). The new COs kick ass; my favourite new CO so far is Sensei...can you say "instant Mech flood"?

The Campaign mode is much better now, not that it was bad before. The missions are more varied and interesting, and they're more "open," in that you can choose missions in any order you want. You also aren't limited to using Orange Star, either. There are stationary defensive structures, such as cannons and missile silos. Sadly, you can't build cannons in Design Maps, but you can make missile silos and pipes, which add a lot more variety in the maps you can design. But man, it would've been so cool if you make Black Cannons in user-designed maps.

AW2 is a definite buy!

Master Ghaleon
06-29-2003, 06:28 PM
I got the 1st one and it kicks ass. The only 2 games I have for my GBA is Golden Sun and Advanced Wars.

King
07-02-2003, 08:21 PM
I finished the game yesterday, and started Hard Campaign. I like Hard Campaign, because it isn't just normal campaign with fewer units on your side and more units for the enemy. The maps are different now!

AlexMax
07-05-2003, 12:04 AM
I just got this game myself. I must say that it is quite a good game, and with the way that the multiplayer is set up, I might have to play this with some of my friends.

However, I heard that in multiplayer games, the Neotanks are really cheap and they make games last way too long. Whatever.

King
07-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I just got this game myself. I must say that it is quite a good game, and with the way that the multiplayer is set up, I might have to play this with some of my friends.

However, I heard that in multiplayer games, the Neotanks are really cheap and they make games last way too long. Whatever.

Do you mean cheap as in cost, or cheap as in too powerful? I personally don't think they are cheap either way. A lot of units can take them out, including MdTanks.