PDA

View Full Version : Why Does It Do That!!!!!!!!!!!?????

lord_jamitossi
06-14-2003, 10:09 AM
arg!!!! i'm making my first level in zquest and it works fine but whenever you die, instead of being warped to the location that i said for it to restart in, you get warped to the beginning of the prething where you start the game. it's really anoying. and also, if you save and come back into the game, you're back at the start of the level!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! why does it do that?

Ielen
06-14-2003, 10:28 AM
That sounds like the Screen 00 bug. Did you get warped to screen 00 when you died?

Tsukuru
06-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Did you set the 'Continue Here' in your dmaps?

Blonde799
06-14-2003, 02:50 PM
It's basically the continue bug. Well, I wouldn't call it a bug, but an incomplete feature.;)

lord_jamitossi, just copy the desired screen to wherever you started, and have pit warps in fron of link that take you to the place you really want to start at. It's that easy.:)

lord_jamitossi
06-14-2003, 06:31 PM
the screen i go to is the 00, you must be psychic :P. i would do like Blonde says but the screen that i'd be erasing is a really important screen. is there any other way to stop this?

Tsukuru
06-14-2003, 06:41 PM
You could move the screen somewhere else and change the warps/sidewarps as necessary, but it depends on what kind of screen it is.

lord_jamitossi
06-15-2003, 10:40 AM
okay, this one works now but is it gonna do this on every dungeon?

Blonde799
06-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Well for me, it only does it when I have to shift my DMap over 8 spaces. Basically, any map that isn't aligned correctly as soon as you first enter the DMap editor on a new DMap.

lord_jamitossi
06-16-2003, 06:38 PM
so pretty much all of them? i really don't understand what you're saying.

Mysterianer
06-17-2003, 04:05 AM
In my quest this Bug is sometimes too...
Not always but sometimes...
When you die you Start at screen 00 and not at the continue screen :confused:

Blonde799
06-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Ok LJ. Go to the DMap editor on any DMap. You'll notice that there's a map at the bottom of the screen. Now, fiddle with the slider below that. By default, the slider is at the first 8 columns(left to right) on the DMap(the continue bug usually doesn't happen when your DMap is at its default position). Move it, and you shift your DMap. So, if you shift it one space, you have to take that into account when you type in any warp points to and within that DMap, and your continue here point. That's why warp points may be off when you press "go"(because that's where you "go" heh).

So, if you shift your DMap right, you have to subtract screens depending on how many screens you shifted your DMap(so, if a warp point coordinate was 11, and you shifted your DMap 8 screens, it'd probably be 03 or something).

If you don't want to go through all that, just don't touch the sliding thing, and make sure your DMaps don't go past the little map's border of 8x8 screens.

lord_jamitossi
06-17-2003, 04:28 PM
okay, thanks. i knew about the little slider thingy and adding or subtracting squares but it just didn't understand how you worded it.