PDA

View Full Version : Girls and movies.

Trevelyan_06
06-13-2003, 08:31 PM
It seems to me that there is a whole section of the movie entertainment industry devoted to making one type of movie, the "Chick Flick". I've have been forced to watch many of these movies, and have even went to see one that I thought was something entirely different. I'm sure I'll get lots of posts from girls and even quite a few from guys telling me how "chick flick" is a generic term and that all of these movies are masterpieces in there own right.

Let's take the movie "Titanic" for instance. The orginal verison is close to three hours long, way to long for a movie (unless of course said movie is Gettysburg). But back to the main point, "Titanic" could have been an hour movie. Boat hits iceburg, boat gets hole, boat sicks. Throw in some advertisments for various products and bam you got a movie.

The whole point of me going on like this is because I'm going to have to go with my gf to watch the movie, "Finding Nemo". Oh well, at least I can take solice in the fact that I have never seen "Dirty Dancing", or "Grease". That counts for something.

Blonde799
06-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Deal with it. You may not know, but you actually get points for stuff like this.:p

I agree, that Titanic could've been a shorter movie.:p There was a part of the movie that I heard a few "oh yeah"s at. I couldn't stop laughing.:laughing:

Ian
06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Grin and bare it, it will all pay off in the end :naughty:

Tygore
06-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Finding Nemo I thought was good.

As for three hour movies, both Lord of the Rings movies (and probably RotK) were fine I thought. Yeah, three hour movies can get tedious. But the plot of LotR is WAY too good to limit any more than they were forced to.

Ian
06-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
As for three hour movies, both Lord of the Rings movies (and probably RotK) were fine I thought. Yeah, three hour movies can get tedious. But the plot of LotR is WAY too good to limit any more than they were forced to.

I was going to mention LotR myself, but it's not much of a chick-flick. Though, it's amazing that they can keep my attention for 3 hours strait, I don't think I 've ever dont that before.

Clueless Blonde
06-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, dood, I agree. Question... does she watch your guy movies? 'cuz unfortunitely, this goes both ways.

Trevelyan_06
06-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Clueless Blonde
Yeah, dood, I agree. Question... does she watch your guy movies? 'cuz unfortunitely, this goes both ways.

No blonde I don't make her watch my movies. I watch some movies that are really bad. I like the movies Escape from L.A., and Escape from New York. I liked Water World for god's sake! No I have been told that my taste in movies is not the best. I don't really mind being dragged to chick flicks too much, I know they make her happy. I'm just amazed at the fact that these kind of movies can actually keep girls entertained, they all seem the same to me. But then again this can probably said about guy movies too.

Starkist
06-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Lord of the Rings has a man who loves a woman so much that he defies the dark powers of the world and risks everything to become king and win the heart of the fair maiden. He's good with the sword and is respectful to women... if that isn't a chick flick, what is? :D

Elena
06-14-2003, 11:08 PM
if girls want to go see a frikkin "chic flick",dont take your men.goodness.i dont think they would make you chics go see thier car movies and all.(which in my opinion are pretty kool movies).besides that,titanic could have been shorter and so could lord of the rings,and two towers.i myself do not like long movies.i end up falling asleep and then having to watch it all over again.im not so fond of "chic flicks" ither.guys are wrong about getting rewards after the movie.cuz the girls end up too tired after the 3 hour movies and give a quick kiss then head straight to bed.try makeing up an excuse the next time your girl tries getting you to go see a 3 hour chic flick.

inori
06-15-2003, 08:48 AM
BTW, Elena, might I suggest you get acquainted with your Shift key? Capital letters make text much easier to read.

Relationships are supposed to be a give-and-take kind of thing. Ideally, you'd do activities together that you both enjoy... but if you go to a movie you don't much like because you know she will, it seems reasonable that she ought to do some activity with you that you like. That's something the two of you have to work out.

AtmaWeapon
06-15-2003, 09:03 AM
I watched Finding Nemo voluntarily, and it rocked. It's the best movie I've seen since LoTR:tTT. It was way better than garbage like "OMZ!!! JAY-Z IS DRIVING A CIVIC TAHT LOOKS LIKE A RAECCAR!!!! NOW HE'S SMOKING!!!!1111 OMZ LOL 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS".

And if you're really this pissed off about being "forced" to go watch a movie your gf wants to watch, I give your relationship a few more months, tops.