PDA

View Full Version : Be e Accomplice?

carrot red
06-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Shoplifter Releases Bees As Diversion

Sedalia, Mo. - A shoplifter caused a buzz in a department store restroom and made off with about $60 worth of CDs, perfume, batteries and scissors.

The man released a swarm of honeybees in a Kmart restroom, creating a diversion that allowed him to escape, authorities said.

Store security spotted the man shoplifting Monday and followed him to the restroom to confront him. When the worker opened the door, about 100 bees buzzed out.

"He probably started yelling 'Bees! Bees!' or whatever the case may be, then created that big diversion, then got out," said police Cmdr. John DeGonia.

Store employees pulled cans of bug spray off store shelves to kill the bees. No one was stung.

Trevelyan_06
06-13-2003, 07:42 PM
This is most likely a very true story. Criminals will go to anything to avoid getting caught. Many times they will come up with elaborate plans to get what they want and to avoid detection. Which leads one to this question, Why not just use the time to make some money the legal way?

Jigglysaint
06-13-2003, 08:26 PM
We could question why people do everything from murder to rape children, but in the end there is one thing we need to agree on: They screwed up at one point and try to make the road to repentance impossible.

Blonde799
06-13-2003, 08:29 PM
It all depends on the person, and their circumstances. Although, I wouldn't resort to stealing.

Ian
06-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Heh, wouldn't want to bee the guy to catch all those bee's! :p The sad part is, the CD's will break (or get scratched), purfume runs out, and so does batteries, so in the end he'll end up with nothing again. But then again, if he had to steal to get the batteries and CD's, then where the hell did he get the CD player?

Blonde799
06-13-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ian
Heh, wouldn't want to bee the guy to catch all those bee's! :p
I knew this was coming.:laughing:

Ian
06-13-2003, 09:09 PM
But seriously, he'd have to A) Find a Bee's nest B) catch all those bee's, or take the whole nest and C) get them into a jar or something and sneek them in, all for a few CD's, perfume, and batteries.Don't you think they would have stung him about 50 times during the process? Or is he some kind of "Bee Man"?

Trevelyan_06
06-13-2003, 10:19 PM
One would think that if he did have the ability to capture bees and put them into a jar then he would be able to work as one kick butt bee keeper.

Ian
06-13-2003, 10:23 PM
But if he could control the bee's, then why didn't he just make them steal the stuff instead of him. Though, I think a bunch of bee's carrying stuff to a man outside is a bit suspicious (unless you live in near a nuclear power plant)

TheGeepster
06-16-2003, 03:23 AM
Well, it seems like a lot of trouble for a small amount of merchandise..

The thought occurs to me that they could be a non-stinging variety of bees, but catching that many of any kind of bee takes a lot of work..

Blonde799
06-16-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
The thought occurs to me that they could be a non-stinging variety of bees, but catching that many of any kind of bee takes a lot of work..
Non-stinging? There's such a variety? Ah well, I don't get out too much.:rolleyes:

TheGeepster
06-16-2003, 04:10 AM
Well, when I was in Junior High we had bees around the trash barrels most of the time and those were of the non-stinging variety. Others in their colony migh have had stingers though, cause I think the ones that hung around the trash bins were merely the worker bees..

Blonde799
06-16-2003, 04:15 AM
Oh, the ones that hang around trash.:shrug: I guess that's why I never get stung by those things when I try to smack 'em.:mischief:

inori
06-16-2003, 05:57 AM
Worker bees are the ones with stingers. It's the males (drones) that don't have them.

Also, there are some species of bees that don't have stingers at all.

TheGeepster
06-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Many thanks for the corrections inori. See, I don't know everything.. :)

moocow
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Well, it seems like a lot of trouble for a small amount of merchandise..

There was probably some secret computer chip in the merchandise that can be used to take over the world.

Blonde799
06-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Or maybe like a great deal of humans on this earth, he was as dumb as a rock.:laughing:

plith
06-16-2003, 07:21 PM

I believe it was in South America that a popular car-stealing method was devised. On a hot day, at a red light, when people's car windows were open, a thief would just calmly walk up to a car and slip in a snake, completely harmless but with markings similar to poisonous snakes. When the person jumped out of the care, the thief just opened the door, got in, and drove off.

Dracula
06-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Heh, there's a lot of fun things to do with small animals... Yeah, using bees and snakes to steal things, it's clever... But, here's something to do if your just mischievous... (if anyone has seen the movie "Strange Brew" they would know what I'm talking about) So, if you're at a movie theatre, and it's crowded, what you do is take a jar full of moths, and at a point in the movie where no one knows what's gonna happen, you release the moths, so they go into the little window where the video projector is, so most of the screen can't be seen... After I heard about this, I actually did this... The results are hilarious, you've got people asking for refunds, or free tickets, or whatever... Nobody knew that I was the one who did it...
:D Aint I a stinker?

TheGeepster
06-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Ok, that was just plain wrong Dracula..