PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: New WWE Ring

DemoQuestFan
06-13-2003, 12:18 AM
Tonight's Smackdown featured a World Title match between Brock Lesnar and the Big Show. Near the end, Big Show triede to chokeslam Lesnar off the top rope but Lesnar blocked it, then went for a superplex. The announcers kept saying that Lesnar couldnt do it. The slam happens, and the ring just IMPLODES on itself. I mean literily IMPLODES. The wrestlers are both unconcious, causing referee Mike Chioda to rush down EMTs and thats how the show ended.

Breaker
06-13-2003, 12:35 AM
...? Wow, thank's for sharing such retarded drama about a show where half naked men grope eachother while acting (using the term 'acting' very loosely) an extremely poor storyline.

Goat
06-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Actually, thast planned when they make it do that. The ring is actually very strong and almost impossible to break. It had happened a few times before. One time comes to mind when teh undertaker choke slammed the big show through the ring. They do when they want to symbolize how powerful someone is.

Gerudo
06-13-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Breaker
...? Wow, thank's for sharing such retarded drama about a show where half naked men grope eachother while acting (using the term 'acting' very loosely) an extremely poor storyline.

Originally posted by Breaker in another thread
This was quite retarded. Have you ever even watched the show, Tsukara? Or do you automatically assume everything you do not like (be it something you don't even know anything about) must be a waste of time and suck for everyone else? this previous quote was a response to Tsukara bashing Farscape... i think i'll leave it at that...

on-topic: i knew the ring was supposed to collapse, but it was still cool to watch them try and 'sell' (make people beleive it was intended) the collapse...

AtmaWeapon
06-13-2003, 08:30 AM
I wanted to watch WWE the other day, but I cut out the middleman and stabbed myself in the eye with a screwdriver instead.

I actually agree with Breaker... I used to watch WWF, and when they added all the "I'm sleeping with x woman", then "x woman is trying to kill me" stuff (like around when HHH "married" Stephanie "The Original Ugly" McMahon) I quit. It just wasn't about the wrestling anymore.

Gerudo
06-13-2003, 09:27 AM
some storylines are absolutely horrible and/or boring, but there are others that are interesting... ive loved 'sports entertainment' all my life... so im kinda partial to it all :)

yes i know its fake, but that doesnt stop me from watching...

i can yet againcompare this to farscape or stargate... its fake but you still watch anyways :shrug:

Breaker
06-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo

this previous quote was a response to Tsukara bashing Farscape... i think i'll leave it at that...

on-topic: i knew the ring was supposed to collapse, but it was still cool to watch them try and 'sell' (make people beleive it was intended) the collapse...

I have sat through a few "WWE" episodes, Gerudo... and I still regret it to this day, ;o

Pure redneck entertainment.

tgf_guy
06-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Breaker

I have sat through a few "WWE" episodes, Gerudo... and I still regret it to this day, ;o

Pure redneck entertainment.

To each his own.

I, personally, writhe around trying to sit through an episode of Lexx, but there are indeed people who can enjoy it enough to watch it religiously. It depends on your style of entertainment. ;)

Ian
06-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I actually agree with Breaker... I used to watch WWF, and when they added all the "I'm sleeping with x woman", then "x woman is trying to kill me" stuff (like around when HHH "married" Stephanie "The Original Ugly" McMahon) I quit. It just wasn't about the wrestling anymore.

That's about the time I stopped watching wrestling too. It just became too storyline based, and added too much plot to each episode.

DarkDragoonX
06-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Even if if it WAS "about the wrestling," it would STILL suck dick.

It's large, muscular, half-naked guys pretending to punch each other. It really doesn't get any more lowbrow than that.

AlexMax
06-19-2003, 06:34 PM
If you want to see 'REAL fighting, watch UFC matches.

Unfortuniatly, they're also pretty boring, and not worth the pay-per-view fee they cost. Ten minuntes of buildup, then a thirty second fight where one guy totally dominates the other one. NEXT!

moon_princess
06-19-2003, 09:32 PM
I use to watch WWE all the time, but somewhere along the way I stopped, dunno why. I tried watching some the other evening when it was on. Everything seems more fake than it use to be, and the acting really bites now.

AlexMax
06-19-2003, 10:27 PM
And it hasn't in the past?

News to me....