PDA

View Full Version : ZC doesn't seem to work on my computer...

Mystical Chicken
06-12-2003, 10:24 PM
I got a new computer a few months ago and downloaded ZC. It used to work fine on the old computer but something's wrong... if I exit out of the game or the quest editor it makes my computer get all ... I dunno how to put this ... scrambly? Everything on the monitor looks like a bad TV reception. And control-alt-delete doesn't help. Is there anything I can download that will make it not do that? I don't really know what processor I have but I *think* it's a Pentium 4... also cable modem and I'm pretty sure 500 megs of RAM and more than 30 gigs of hard drive space... I don't see any reason why it would not work...

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say I'm also using Windows XP...

VEL
06-12-2003, 10:49 PM
What version of ZC are you using? If you have XP you should be using a windows version of ZC.

Mystical Chicken
06-16-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm using (or actually, "was" using, since I deleted it) a Windows version; it still didn't work... it was version 1.90. I would have downloaded 1.92 but it's still beta and I didn't wanna risk anything messing up... should I download 1.92?

yugioh
06-17-2003, 01:33 PM
thats cool.:computer:

Link6690
06-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Mystical Chicken
I'm using (or actually, "was" using, since I deleted it) a Windows version; it still didn't work... it was version 1.90. I would have downloaded 1.92 but it's still beta and I didn't wanna risk anything messing up... should I download 1.92?

I would :) :)

Mystical Chicken
06-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Still not working. 1.92 won't even run. It flashes the DOS screen for like a second and a half and then nothing happens.

Superstrider
06-19-2003, 05:59 PM
:mega:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tails/amyavatar3.gif
I do not know exactly how to help. Maybe you should try PM'img one of the people who know exactly how to fix this problem, but I do not know who. Maybe, if you look through the forums, your question might be answered.
:mega:

richie
06-20-2003, 07:08 AM
Version 1.90:
1. right-click at the link in start menu
2. Choose properties
3. type 'ZClassic -v1x' instead of 'ZClassic'
4. if it doesn't work, look at readme.txt for more details

note: I had the same problem. the BETA (1.92,I think) runn, 1.90 didn't.
Also work with the -res parameter.

PS:
Sorry, I made a mistake. Don't use -v1x , the right way is -vesav1x.
-v1 turns VSYNC on.
:ooh:

jamper
06-21-2003, 03:23 PM
I have had the same problem since I downloaded the beta 182. When I double-click ZC, a DOS window flashes on the screen for two seconds, and then nothing happens. With ZQuest, I click it, and nothing happens at all. :confuse2:

Anyway, download the DOS version of the newest beta. It works fine for me, and it runs just like the windows version. There's a thread with the downloads in this forum (but, you probably already knew that :tongue: )