PDA

View Full Version : block puzzle questions

idontknow
06-12-2003, 07:01 PM
1. is there a way to make it so that when you push a block on a certain spot, it will animate to a combo that looks like the block is falling & then cycle that combo to a combo that makes it look like the block disappeared? in other words, can you make blocks that like seem to fall off a cliff or something?
2. is there any way to place an item underneath a block? i tried using a solid overhead combo & placing a push flag on it & then setting the room item but this screws up the way link looks because if link is like half a combo length underneath it, he will still be underneath the block--perhaps a combo that is over items but under link?
3. is there a way to make it so that you can push any blocks at any time but they must be aligned in a specic array, like if i wanted a puzzle that link needs to push so that when together, the blocks form a picture? (kinda like from OoT)
4. in future versions, will statues work differently, so that if i were to have a push flag on a statue combo, that combo would shoot fireballs no matter where it is pushed, rather than from the original spot only?

Cloral
06-12-2003, 09:15 PM
1) Don't think do. You might be able to do this for one block on one specific spot using block triggers and the like.

2) Again, I don't think so. This brings up my old suggestion - that there should really be a Secret->Item screen flag, that would cause the item to appear whenever the secrets were triggered. This way, you could have items appear for any number of actions.

3) Nope. Block triggers would have to be made so that they didn't hold blocks in place. To do this would require a reworking of how push blocks are implemented.

4) There is an entry in the bugs list relating to this, so hopefully it will get fixed. :)