PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here a fan of Clerks?

The Savior
06-12-2003, 01:37 AM
For those who don't know, Clerks is a movie about 2 guys that work in adjacent stores which goes through a day of their lives. There was also a cartoon on ABC, but only 3 of the 6 episodes were ever aired, though all 6 are available on DVD. It's a lot like Office Space with a differant setting. So far I've seen the movie and 2 episodes of the show, and I love it all.

Goat
06-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Ya, clerks is great. Alotr of people I know don;t like it, cause It's one of those "intelligently funny" movies. I love movies like those but most people i know hate them cause they lack mental capacity. The cartoon rocks too, but it lacks the heart of the movie.

Lilith
06-12-2003, 02:02 AM
---

Daarkseid
06-12-2003, 02:06 AM
The movie is good. The cartoon is retarded though.

Ibis, God of Magicks
06-12-2003, 08:03 AM
The seriers rocks, and Clerks is the Shizzie, but your missing out on the other movies. Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, And Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. They are all intertwined and alot of the jokes don't make sense unless you've seen them all.

Smokin' D. Grass
06-12-2003, 09:18 AM
You definately want to check out the full View Askewinverse(all five movies and the cartoons) if you want to get all the little jokes. Plus, starting with mallrats, you will get to see Ben Affflek be worth watching!

The Savior
06-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks
The seriers rocks, and Clerks is the Shizzie, but your missing out on the other movies. Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, And Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. They are all intertwined and alot of the jokes don't make sense unless you've seen them all.

I thought that the only similarities between all those movies was that fact that Jay and Silent Bob are in in them all. I had no idea that they're connected.

theplustwo
06-12-2003, 09:18 PM
yeah, clerks and all the kevin smith movies are cool. i just bought the dvd set, it's great. watched it about three times already. (and there's commentery.)

MANDRAG GANON
06-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Hmmm....this sounds kind of familiar...I know I haven't seen it before though. I haven't seen any of those 5 movies....I'll have to rent them some time.

Verman
06-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Hell yeah! clerks is awsome ;)

I liked the alternate ending on the clerks DVD as well....very very cool....Almost better then the original ;)

DarkDragoonX
06-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Movie: Wonderful.

Cartoon: Sucks massive dick.