PDA

View Full Version : All views welcome on city council...

Starkist
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
...unless you're conservative and Christian?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/134965174_hammond11m.html

The left likes to talk about diversity and multiculteralism and the importance of having differing views... yet when it comes time to turn their words into actions they decide that someone who has differing views from their own is 'extreme' and 'wacky'.

SquishyMon
06-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Hypocrysy is the biggest problem with the government. I can't wait until Arnold Scharzenegger becomes mayor of California, Davis is evil.

fatcatfan
06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
From the leftist dictionary: diversity - A number or collection of varied things, except white male heterosexual Christianity.

TheGeepster
06-12-2003, 09:34 PM
I don't get a whole lot of detailed information in there, but I have noticed that many of liberal persuasion seem to abhor the fundamental Christian viewpoint in general, and seem to oppose any situation allowing those who hold that view to speak out in ways that those with other views are often allowed to.

This includes the idea that some behaviors are not equal to others, and the concept of right and wrong that are gradually being phased out of society. It's rather sad, seeing as the practical applications of fundamental Christianity make up a large part of the foundation of this nation, to the point that many used to argue that they were CRUCIAL to its continued success.

We've divorced many of the concepts from the public square, and oddly enough, situations in those areas seem to be getting worse..

Matteo
06-12-2003, 09:40 PM
can arnold be governor (NOT MAYOR - there is no mayor of california) if he wasn't born here in the U.S.?

carrot red
06-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, he can and he did become President in a futuristic movie with Stallone and Bullock. (I forgot the title)

Matteo
06-12-2003, 09:48 PM
no... no naturalized citizen can be President of the U.S.

I don't remember Arnold being in Demolition Man

carrot red
06-12-2003, 09:53 PM
That's the one. He wasn't. But when Sandra Bullock was filling in Stallone on what he missed, she talked about the Schwarzenegger Presidential Museum and told him he had been a loved President for one or two terms.

Matteo
06-12-2003, 09:57 PM
sorry it seems i was wrong

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=00A5Do

TheGeepster
06-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Arnold couldn't be US President, but I don't know of anything preventing him from a governorship for certain. I imagine each state sets it's guidelines for governor..

Ich
06-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger- I remember in one of Rush Limbaugh's books, he complained about celebrities using their influence to promote their own liberal ideas, and he mentioned that he knew only three actors who openly were conservatives. It was Schwarzenegger, Charlton Heston, and some other guy. The only opposition I have to him running is that it will give other celebrities a reason or opportunity to run, and put a hideously underqualified candidate in office. I don't want to have the next Governor of Pennsylvania be Vin Diesel.

SquishyMon
06-12-2003, 11:49 PM
If Jesse Ventura can be a governor, nothing seems too "out there". Imagine what Arnold's re-election campaign would be, "Vote me back!". I thought that only a U.S. born citizen could become president.

Matteo
06-13-2003, 02:29 AM
check the above link.. apparantly a naturalized citizen CAN be president