PDA

View Full Version : Load Or Reload?

Dechipher
06-11-2003, 01:50 AM
In your opinion, which was better: Load or Reload, Metallica's two studio albums previous to St. Anger?

Personally, I like Load. It has more....eclecticity? I mean, while Fuel is on Reload, you have Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, and Until it Sleeps on the Load. Come on.

Oh by the way, just stopping in for the night.

vegeta1215
06-11-2003, 01:57 AM
I really don't like Load or Reload. But, Load's singles were better, except for Reload's Unforgiven II which is probably the best song on both cds combined cause it's so similar to the original Unforgiven.

I must say Garage Inc. has been the best cd Metallica has released since the Black Album. I've heard St Anger, and I don't like it at all.

Dechipher
06-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Ah...St. Anger grows on you. The Unnammed Feeling and All Within My Hands are really good.

Load and Reload were more diverse. I've not had a chance to listen to them both all the way, but from what I've heard...I mean come one. The Black album was, by Metallica standards, one of their worst, and best at the same time. After Cliff, the bass was dead. Not to say that Jason was bad...but, well, I mean, the bass was lost in the mix from AJFA onward. AJFA sounded like it was recorded in a matchbox or something. It was like they had to throw every guitar riff they could think of into each song. Dyers Eve and One were the best.

I mean, listen to The Four Horsemen. You won't get bass like that from Jason, nor, I'm willing to bet, Rob. St. Anger is a good CD, just a much different style. For speed metal, it's great. For Metallica, its so-so.

Their best album...heh. There is no best. My favorite would have to be Master of Puppets though. I mean, the only bad song on there was The Thing that Should not be, and the other songs were all outstanding.

Sorry. Had to say that.

vegeta1215
06-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All are my favorites.

Rob is a really really good bass player, far better than Jason from what I've seen. I think he's capable of some of the same stuff as Cliff, but whether or not Metallica will write like they used to in the future is the question.

Dechipher
06-21-2003, 01:00 PM
We haven't seen a whole lot from Rob. Jason's spotlight bassing would have to be on "My Friend of Misery" That's such a cool bass riff. I think Jason was more musical than Rob, but Rob has aetter skills, as far speed and such. Given Rob didn't come into the group until AFTER St. Anger, no one should blame him for the "bad album," although personally I think St. Anger is really good.

Ich
06-21-2003, 01:11 PM
I refuse to listen to Metallica, but I downloaded every single song I could find of theirs onto the school computers when Napster was still up. I also am not that fond of their music. I think it's too fake.

EWild
06-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Master of Puppets and The Black Album are my favourites, with S&M right behind, but I love them all, and yes even St. Anger. Actually I'm listening to St. Anger right now, The Unnamed Feeling. :)

The Black album had one bad song IMO, Holier Than Thou, and the rest of the CD kicked ass, and as you said Dechiper, The Thing that Should Not Be was the only bad song on Master of Puppets. :\

EDIT: Concerning your question, umm.. Reload and Load are pretty much tied IMO.

Dechipher
06-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Holier than thou was catchy. Thats the thing that i like about metallica. They can take a totally crappy song, and at the very least, make it catchy.

EWild
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Very true, I remembered the lyrics the first time I heard them. Even though the song sucked. :o