PDA

View Full Version : some of you know that my parents house burnt...

Gerudo
06-10-2003, 07:53 PM
the damages werent as bad as i thought they'd be, but they are still severe on the inside... which STILL totally blows... well, im gonna let you guys comment on what you see...

Eckels was nice enough to set me up with a temporary place on afterblur. ill get stuff organized on my end so i wond have to leech off Ecks for long.

but for now this is a temporary place so you all can view them.
(again, mucho mucho thanks Ecks)

ill change the link when i get a permanent spot...

http://gerudo.afterblur.com

edit: before you ask, no one was hurt, thnak goodness for that...

ShadowTiger
06-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Oh, that's terrible! I'm so sorry. I hope everything will be OK soon.

The house behind us burned to the ground a few years ago. It was a microwave "experiment" or so I'm told. When these things happen, one must hold one's head up high, and proclaim.. "Thou shalt not best me, nature!"

Gerudo
06-10-2003, 07:59 PM
i only told people in the irc chat, its been like almost 2 weeks now... if you didnt see the pics or replied when i tool the link down, go there now...

(•20:01:31•>_<•@Eckels•> what caused it?
(•20:01:47•>_<•Gerudo•> a little elec box in the attic
(•20:01:51•>_<•Gerudo•> thing was old as fuck

carrot red
06-10-2003, 08:11 PM
That's a shame, Geru. I only saw a few of them and it's still chilling.

What happened? How did it burn? It seemed to me the door was forced open, why?

Gerudo
06-10-2003, 08:18 PM
well, there was an old-ass electric box in the attic, which somehow sparked, and caught the insulation on fire... and the rest is history...

they had to bust open the front door to get it because the house was so air-tight...

they busted the door open and the windows just all shattered.. almost at once..

Masamune
06-10-2003, 08:59 PM
jeez... that house looks wrecked! :( i'm glad no one was hurt though. :)

Jemsee
06-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Sorry to hear of your folks' loss.
Fire is one nasty element.
I have often wondered which is the worst; fire, wind, water, or earth (as in an earthquake).
I have never had to experience any one of them to the extreme.
I have seen floods first hand and the results of tornados.
But never an earthquake or a major fire.
Hope I never do, 'cus as the old saying goes you don't know what you got till it's gone.
Sure it is easy to say we still have our lives and it is true that is the most important.
But to lose everything in a major disaster. That would be so vary hard to take.

Gerudo
06-11-2003, 07:43 AM
well, pretty much all of the stuff that I owned in the attic was saved, but was just smoke damage, so im hopoing next time i got home i can get the stuff and shine it up...

im also hoping to go home in the next week or so, then have even more vacation time for the AGN Con!

im glad im able to be light-hearted (semi-joking) about this... i still have yet for the full effect of anything to hit me i think, then ill probly cry, because i havent really cried in a long time... anywas... thanks for all the comments... it truly means alot to me

:hug: