PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about the end of the year

Cloral
06-10-2003, 05:30 PM
...is that I won't have to see my roommate ever again. For those of you who haven't been over to GU and seen my topic about this there, let me explain: when I moved into the room, I see a shitload of shit all over the room, including all over my furniture. This guy is a fucking slob, and it seems as though his mother incourages this. Anyway, so I talk to this guy for a while, and I honestly have half a mind that he is retarded because of the way he talks - which is very loud and with that retarded kind of lisp. (to give an idea, he can take his cordless phone down the hall into the study room, with both my door and the study room door closed, and I can still hear him)

Within a few days it becomes clear that he isn't flushing the toilet when he uses it. Suffice it to say that when there are only 3 people using the bathroom it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who it is. We confronted him about it, but he lied about it, going like "I wonder who it is?" This was the general pattern with him throughout the year - whenever there was a problem with him and we brought it up to him, he would try to cover it up rather than dealing with it. And they were generally simple things to do to, generally falling into the 'clean up after yourself' category.

Despite all this, I really tried to be friendly towards him. I invited him to come hang out with my friends on a number of occasions, but he wouldn't accept. A couple of weeks into the school year though, his roommate from last year stopped by. He told me a number of things about him that were very worrisome, and made me contemplate getting a room switch very seriously. Among the things he told me about was a story that John had actually volunteered himself earlier in the year, which leant credability to the stories. The most troubling though was the story of how freshman year he had been arrested in the library for masturbation. I still doubted the story a bit though, so I asked my RA (who had lived in the same hall as my roommate that year) and he confirmed the story. I also learned that he had attempted to attack his roomate last year, but had been unsuccessful in doing so.

All of this made me rather worried about confronting him about anything. He seemed very unstable, and such people can do very abrupt things and this can make them quite dangerous. So for the next 2 quarters I really didn't say anything much about anything to him. Instead, my anger just welled up inside until finally, I couldn't ignore it any more. I had to get him to clean the fuck up. A few days went by, and he didn't. I asked him again, again no result. So I asked a third time, and again nothing. So I asked him a fourth time, and when he gave no responce I threatened that if he didn't, he would soon find his stuff in the hallway. So finally he cleaned up a bit.

But as this episode shows, trying to talk to him about things was totally useless. So I decided that instead for every annoyance he did against me, he would get one back. And lately he has been coming into the room between 4 and 6 in the morning. How do I know this? He makes a fucking racket doing so, and wakes me up! So I decided that when I got up in the morning, I would make a similar racket and wake him up. This was quite easy - the dresser drawers and closet doors make quite a loud bang when closed unless they are closed carefully. So when dressing, I would put a touch extra effort into slamming them closed, making a nice loud bang.

And it has been working. It has been waking him up, and I know it has been annoying him. First of all, I can hear him mumbling annoyedly to himself. Secondly, he has taken to unplugging my fridge the last few days. Today in fact he has unplugged it 3 times. This all in all makes me laugh, since it is the most pointless retaliation he can do - all I do is plug it back in, and everything's fine. He looks so proud of himself when he does it too. :lol:

So that's just a sampling of why I'm going to be so glad when I don't have to see my roommate again. I just really needed to vent that, I hate his ass so much.

Oh, and I might add a bit of caution: If you ever see some guy named John Fry, don't shake his hand, or touch anything he touches - he never ever washes his hands, even after taking a dump.

stormwatcheagle
06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
That sounds horrible! Why did you decide to stay with that guy?

zora man
06-10-2003, 06:28 PM
lol.
That was hilarious!
On the last day unplug his fridge or something just as spiteful!

moon_princess
06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Man, I pity you. This guy sounds like a total freak. If he really is retarded, he can't help it, but if he isn't, he needs psychiatric help.

Cloral
06-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, now he's attacked me. He kicked me in the back a couple of times when I plugged my fridge back in (for the 4th time today). Thankfully he's not a good fighter, and only succeeded in knocking himself out of his chair. However, I am worried now. Whose to say he wont try something a bit more severe?

PS: I'm only in my room right now because I saw him bike off. After writing this message, I'm leaving again until my RA comes in. And no, I didn't chose to live with this guy.

moon_princess
06-10-2003, 07:38 PM
If he does it again, get him for assult charges :)

Also, you might consider getting a can of mace (spl?) for your own protection. This guy's mental.

stormwatcheagle
06-10-2003, 09:02 PM
You could always kill him a plead self-defense.

/me hears crickets.

It's just a suggestion.

Cloral
06-10-2003, 09:22 PM
After thinking about it some more, I've realized that this is just rediculous. When he does come back, I'm just going to say 'look - we've been getting on each other's nerves. Why don't we just cool it - we only have 2 days left' Now that my initial emotional responce has worn off, I really don't think he'll try to hit me again. He hasn't unplugged my fridge since then for one.

Jemsee
06-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I have read some of the GU stuff some time back when this all first started.
I feel for you, I had some similar experience when in Navy training.
But to be sure, if you have stuck it out for a year and only have two days to go, just deal. 48 hrs and this guy is history.
Don't even talk to him or antagonize him in any way.
Just do your time and drag.

Rijuhn
06-10-2003, 10:39 PM
It's people like this that make me despise the average being of existence. Worthless, mindless drones, that'll be assholes to you for no reason. Oh well, at least you won't see him again.

Dracula
06-10-2003, 11:03 PM
This reminds me of a kid I knew almost four years ago, all the way back in 6th grade... He talked really loud and reterded-like (just like you said) and was never clean... His hair was all fucked up, let's say a "greasefro" or some days a "licefro"... And the way he dressed... He had his pants all the way up, Urkel style... Actually higher, cuz he always had a camel toe showing... And his shirts were all wrinkled and stained, cuz he never bothered to wash them... And I look at his mom, she actually seemed decent... But her son, sorry to say, the biggest freak I've ever seen... He always got pissed off for no reason... You say one thing to him, he'd flip out... Oh, and when he fights he doesn't like using his fists... He'll use any object next to him... Wether he grabs a pair of scissors and threatens to stab your eyes out, or he'll pick up a desk and chuck it at your face... His last day of school was wen he actually made a threat to everyone that he'll bring a gun to school... He was then pulled away, never to be seen or heard of again... What did everyone in the Jr. High say? Al-lay-lu-yah...

So, anyway... If he ever touches you again, complain about it, get him into as much trouble as he possibly could... then, uh, take a shower...

inori
06-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Or just do what I did: get a female roommate. She's been very easy to deal with. And as an added bonus, I have something to look at. :naughty:

Dracula
06-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by inori
Or just do what I did: get a female roommate. She's been very easy to deal with. And as an added bonus, I have something to look at. :naughty:

Oooo... Nice :D
/me slaps inori five

Dechipher
06-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Pink Earmuffs: Have you seen my baseball?

Matteo
06-11-2003, 02:31 AM
Don't you have the option at your school to change roommates at any time if there is issues involving living together?

Cloral
06-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Yeah but its a big hassle.

And I was wrong. He's unplugged the fridge twice today, so he's still at it. My friends offered to come by, throw him in a sack, and beat the shit out of him. I told them no. The one thing I think I will do though is go tell his friend April that he doesn't wash his hands. He wants to be with her very much (he blushes violently at the suggestion), and girls tend to be disgusted by this sort of thing. So all in all, I think this could be a far more severe revenge than anything he could do to me. And morally speaking, there is nothing wrong with warning someone for the sake of their health that another person doesn't wash their hands.

And next year, I am going to find out where he lives and go there when he isn't in and warn his new roommate about him. Nobody deserves to go through what I've had to deal with this year.

Ich
06-12-2003, 11:07 PM
That's definately a good idea.

A couple of weeks into the school year though, his roommate from last year stopped by.

I'd do the same, and tell the person to ask for a room change asafp.