PDA

View Full Version : Out Off Range: "PC Display Settings Correct?"

OriginsChaos
06-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Yes, I am new to this forum. But I have used Zelda Classic before. Infact, the reason i'm posting this thread is to ask a question, I would run zquest or zelda. And each time I do it tells me the...

"Out Off Range" PC Display Settings Correct?"

I don't understand what it's trying to tell me, but I know it has to do with the display properties. I've tried altering the display, Not a thing works, it shows the Hertz, how does that come into play?
It used to work on my Windows 98 OS, but I recently upgraded to XP. Does it depend on the OS your running on? I don't have a DOS command prop anymore. And I can't boot in MS-DOS.

Blonde799
06-10-2003, 12:09 AM
If you upgraded to XP, using the windows version of ZC 1.92 is your best choice, as XP has bad DOS emulation.

OriginsChaos
06-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks alot. I really don't like XP. Too much computer, I miss the command promt. But I didn't really have a choice.

OriginsChaos
06-10-2003, 12:52 AM
Now, tell me exactly how to extract and setup the new 1.92 version of Zelda Classic.

bigjoe
06-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Might wanna know that its frowned upon when someone double posts.

Bloodstar64
06-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by OriginsChaos
Yes, I am new to this forum. But I have used Zelda Classic before. Infact, the reason i'm posting this thread is to ask a question, I would run zquest or zelda. And each time I do it tells me the...

"Out Off Range" PC Display Settings Correct?"

I don't understand what it's trying to tell me, but I know it has to do with the display properties. I've tried altering the display, Not a thing works, it shows the Hertz, how does that come into play?
It used to work on my Windows 98 OS, but I recently upgraded to XP. Does it depend on the OS your running on? I don't have a DOS command prop anymore. And I can't boot in MS-DOS.

I get a similar error when running the dos verson of ZC. (Or just about any dos program. :( ) Thing is I have windows 98.

OriginsChaos
06-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Thing about it is, I come to forum all the time. Infact I RP in most. And I normaly never double post.

Questwizard88
06-11-2003, 01:18 AM
i get these errors with many 3d dos games but not usually 2d, and im using xp. ive gotten this 1 time before on zc, and i just used the compatibility options that xp has to fix it. vcant remember how i did it though, cause its been a long time, and my comps crahsed since i did it, so it doesnt have it set no more.

yugioh
06-17-2003, 01:41 PM
thats cool.:computer: