PDA

View Full Version : Acting up again...

jamper
06-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Well, ZC and ZQuest aren't working. Again. It seems that one day the programs are working perfectly, and the next I can't get either one to run.

I get an error message asking if I'd like to "Send report" about the program not working for Zelda Classic and for ZQuest, it just doesn't do anything when I double click it. I'm using the newest beta, v. 182 I believe, if that has anything to do with it. I'm using Windows XP with an 80GB hardrive, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there some explanation as to what is going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Petoe
06-09-2003, 11:05 PM
I have the same kind of problem. But fortunately I found a solution, which is VERY weird. Before trying to run zquest or ZC, I have to play Visual Boy Advance (GBA emulator) and ZSnes (SNES emulator). After that the programs run perfectly. I'm serious! I have no idea why I have to play both of them, and what kind of "connection" they and ZC have, but at least it works for me! Of course it is possible that this won't help you at all... who knows. :shrug:

jamper
06-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Lucky me, I have both of those programs. I will try it out and hope that it works!

EDIT: Sadly, it didn't work. Anybody else have any idea?

Ielen
06-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Perhaps you could try run ZC in DOS mode.
Did you get the latest beta 183 player?

jamper
06-10-2003, 01:27 PM
That could be the problem. I'm not sure if I got the beta 183 player. I'll download it again and try it, and also try running it in DOS.