PDA

View Full Version : Multi Warps

Lonemind
06-09-2003, 12:01 PM
How do you make multi warps? What I'm looking for is a way to have several townspeople on the screen and when you walk close to one of them it warps you to a screen where they talk. I want to have more than one warp on a screen. I figure I can do this with the warp ring, but that limits me to using only 9 rings, does it not?

Ganonator
06-09-2003, 02:00 PM
warp rings won't really solve your problem, because they have to be set up the the right screen in order for them to be triggered correctly. although, that is a great idea.

Cloral
06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
You can use warp rings to do this, albeit a bit clumsily. Check out my second or third post in this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48575) to see how.

Lonemind
06-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Very well then. Is there a better way? I imagine you would have said so in your previous posts if there was, but I thought I'd ask. You know. Just in case. ;)

eatyourneighbors
06-10-2003, 11:52 AM
actually, i've seen some GREAT zquest towns set up with only one npc on the screen at a time that can talk to you. perhaps 2 or 3 animated npcs going about their daily routine, and one that can or will talk to you...just make your town a little bigger and be creative with npc animation so that the town doesn't look barren. if you think about, even think about Z3's town...if you freeze frame anywhere in the town, there is really USUALLY only one person to talk to on the screen at any given time anyway.

Cloral
06-10-2003, 03:07 PM
For instance, look at the town in HD (Hidden Duality). There are a lot of animated characters standing around, however you cannot talk to any of them. Despite this, they help make the city look a lot more lively.

Verbatim
06-10-2003, 06:00 PM
You can use the pit vs. stair->sidewarp trick to do fairly limited multi-warps...with a little circle-warping, I think you can get as many as three, maybe six different destinations from what appears to be the same room.

I'm afraid that's not ideal for talking to people, though, since Link temporarily disappears after he steps on the stair warp, before the conveyor pushes him off the screen, causing the side-warp.

For some reason, I don't have the gumption to explain the pit vs. stair->sidewarp trick today...anybody else want to have a go?