PDA

View Full Version : Minor Differences

carrot red
06-08-2003, 08:26 PM
What Would Be Different If Men Really Ruled The World.

-Any fake phone number a girl gave you would automatically forward your call to her real number.

-Nodding and looking at your watch would be deemed an acceptable response to "I love you."

-Hallmark would make "Sorry, what was your name again" cards.

-When your girlfriend really needed to talk to you during the game, she'd appear in a little box in the corner of the screen during a time-out.

-Breaking up would be a lot easier. A smack to the ass and a "Nice hustle, you'll get 'em next time" would pretty much do it.

-Birth control would come in ale or lager.

-Each year, your raise would be pegged to the fortunes of the NFL team of your choice.

-The funniest guy in the office would get to be CEO.

-At the end of the workday, a whistle would blow and you'd jump out your window and slide down the tail of a brontosaurus and right into your car like Fred Flintstone.

-Lifeguards could remove citizens from beaches for violating the "public ugliness" ordinance.

-Tanks would be far easier to rent.

-Garbage would take itself out.

-Instead of beer belly, you'd get "beer biceps."

-Instead of an expensive engagement ring, you could present your wife- to-be with a giant foam hand that said, "You're #1!"

-Valentine's Day would be moved to February 29th so it would only occur in leap years.

-On Groundhog Day, if you saw your shadow, you'd get the day off to go drinking.
Mother's Day, too.

-St. Patrick's Day, however, would remain exactly the same. But it would be celebrated every month.

-Cops would be broadcast live, and you could phone in advice to the pursuing cops.
Or to the crooks.

-The victors in any athletic competition would get to kill and eat the losers.

-The only show opposite Monday Night Football would be Monday Night Football from a Different Camera Angle.

-It would be perfectly legal to steal a sports car, as long as you returned it the following day with a full tank of gas.

-Every man would get four real Get Out of Jail Free cards per year.

-When a cop gave you a ticket, every smart-aleck answer you responded with would actually reduce your fine. As in: Cop: "You know how fast you were going" You: "All I know is, I was spilling my beer all over the place." Cop: "Nice one. That's $10 off."

-People would never talk about how fresh they felt.

-Telephones would automatically cut off after 30 seconds of conversation.

SquishyMon
06-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Good thing none of those apply to me; then again, people talking about how "fresh" they feel is just weird. :odd:

slothman
06-08-2003, 09:19 PM
FOTF, well not really but funny. Also why did you boldenize, hey new word, the first letter? Are you trying to bring back illumination? :D

Trevelyan_06
06-08-2003, 09:47 PM
I like the ticket one.

Pablo
06-09-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted By carrot red
-It would be perfectly legal to steal a sports car, as long as you returned it the following day with a full tank of gas.

Oh man, I wish.

Originally Posted By carrot red
-Telephones would automatically cut off after 30 seconds of conversation.

How on earth am I supposed to talk to my bookie?

Ganonator
06-09-2003, 03:10 AM
-The only show opposite Monday Night Football would be Monday Night Football from a Different Camera Angle.

Amen to that.. that's all i have to say.

ShadowTiger
06-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Actually, I kinda wish that this was true now. I mean, wouldn't you like it if you woke up the next morning and you didn't have to refill the tank? ;) So you can take a cab. The gas money would probably end up being more expensive than the taxi anyway. If only the honor system worked as well as it should. :(

moocow
06-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
-[B]Valentine's Day would be moved to February 29th so it would only occur in leap years.

That would rock.

Radium
06-09-2003, 03:01 PM
lol those are good hahaha :p

stormwatcheagle
06-09-2003, 04:48 PM
I feel this would fit well here. From anoter forum I go to...

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. Please note these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

# 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl.

If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

# 1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

# 1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

# 1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

# 1. Crying is blackmail.

# 1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

# 1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

# 1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

# 1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. Please pick one.

# 1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

# 1. A headache that lasts for seventeen months is a problem. See a doctor.

# 1. Let us know about that funny noise in your car engine as soon as you hear it.

# 1. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.

# 1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us act like soap opera guys.

# 1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer, but still love you.

# 1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

# 1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

# 1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

# 1. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it.
And quit whining to your girlfriends.

# 1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what Mauve is.

# 1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that

# 1. We are not mind readers and we never will be.Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

#1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

# 1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

# 1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really, you look fine!!!

# 1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

# 1. Games are as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

# 1. I AM in shape. ROUND is a shape

Blonde799
06-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

Girls would probably get more if they just said what they wanted.:rolleyes:

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

Amen to that.:) It is cool how women think we have psychic powers though.

Tygore
06-09-2003, 06:15 PM
It'd be cooler if we did. And if we didn't get in trouble because we don't.

TheGeepster
06-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Carrot, are we guys *REALLY* that bad? (Teach us please!)

I do like some of the Guy's rules for women.

"Yes and No are perfectly good answers to almost every question."
"Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for."
"We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you."
"If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,'we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle."
"When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really, you look fine!!!"

Blonde799
06-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Carrot, are we guys *REALLY* that bad? (Teach us please!)

No, were not. They're called stereotypes.