PDA

View Full Version : Closing up shop....

Blonde799
06-07-2003, 06:38 PM
....On the participant list of the CQC in a few days, so apply before wednsday if you wish to participate. I will also take signing here. What I need right now are a few more judges, and I'll continue to accept those until we have at least 8.

Here's the link (http://www.zcnetwork.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=49&s=) to ZCN's CQC forum. Check it out.;)

Foxx
06-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Eight judges? Unless you expect a truckload of submissions (and I have no idea how many this is at the moment), I don't see the need for more than 3, the number the Third Quest contest had.

DeathLink
06-08-2003, 02:56 PM
8 judges will make the judging process so much faster than 3, but right now it looks like its going to be as many as he gets

Blonde799
06-08-2003, 03:41 PM
I don't expect 8 judges, but I'll reach for it if it's possible, as DL said, it makes the process a whole lot easier on me and others, as some of us don't have a whole week to play quests(BTW, I have four judges now).:) Also, I'm nearing ten submissions, I just have to get confirmation on one that's nameless.:p And maybe, the list will grow even more by wednsday, as that's the last day participants can sign up.

plith
06-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DeathLink
8 judges will make the judging process so much faster than 3, but right now it looks like its going to be as many as he gets

Gee, how do you figure? Consider that if you want to do this contest right, you would need every judge to play through and give a report on every one of the quest entries, because not all the judges are on the same scale for grading, so what one person gives a 90, another might give an 85. If all eight judges' scores are averaged, then the result would likely be more fair.

But if you want eight judges to each judge some 8-10 quests, then you're up to 64-80 individual reports/scores coming in. And you have to wait until every single one is done, making sure to record it and average it all correctly.

So explain where the reasoning behind more people making things faster comes from.

Blonde799
06-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Oh, so making four people play 10+ quests, not even finishing, having yet another task to find more judges because a few quit, only to find out that it's too late makes things much better? And besides, we can't have people rate their own quests. Look in that forum, and you'll find out why. Also, I'll be the one to rate quests a second time. I can be perfectly honest when it comes to rating things, and I'll be the only one who has to do most of the work.