PDA

View Full Version : Help with Final Fantasy 6

Rijuhn
06-07-2003, 12:23 AM
I have 2 simple questions that require detailed info. No, I cannot find help online because it's such and old classic that everyone figures it's been beaten by everyone already. I can't find any strategy guide online at all, and I really need help from the pros anyway.

First, where the hell is Locke?! It's after the end of the world, and I've found everyone but Locke, and Strago, but I know that Strago is in the tower of Kefka's followers.

BUT where is Locke! AHH!! I can't find him, dammit!! Someone tell me where he is, and what I need to do with him after I get him. Do I need to visit any places to continue the story after I've gotten him back?

Second question is...Where are the 8 dragons!!! AHH!HH!! I've only fought and destroyed 4 of them. I can't remember exactly where I found them so there is no use in trying to tell you which ones I've fought.

I need hlep, AHAH!! Where is Locke!!?

Masamune
06-07-2003, 12:27 AM
there's an island that looks like a pentagon with all mountain with a whole in the middle. land the airship in the middle of it.

cap2030
06-07-2003, 12:47 AM
I thought it was a star shape with grass in the middle.

as for guides...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/8998.html

Petoe
06-07-2003, 04:38 AM
The place where you find Locke, is Phoenix cave. It's in the middle of the star shaped mountain, and you have to land there with your airhip.
And one of the dragons is there (Red Drgn).

- STORM DRAGON is in a chest in Mt.Zozo (The place where you find Cyan)
- RED DRAGON is in Phoenix Cave
- DIRT DRAGON is in Opera house (fall down to the stage)
- ICE DRAGON is in Narshe
- WHITE DRAGON is in Fanatics Tower (Where you find Strago)
- BLUE DRAGON is in the Ancient Castle (Go to the Figaro Castle and dive. You get stuck and go out to explore...)
- GOLD DRAGON is in Kefka's tower
- SKULL DRAGON is in Kefka's tower too

I hope that helps. :mega:

Cloral
06-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Once you have Locke, you can take him to Narshe and use him to unlock the doors. You'll find a couple fo really good items there, including the Ragnarock esper that teaches you Ultima.

VGWarrior
06-07-2003, 05:35 PM
Personally, I'd use the Paladin Shield for Ultima teaching, and just use Ragnarok as a sword. But that's just me.

BTW: Make sure to take care of that Lone Wolf if he's still around.

Mak-X
06-07-2003, 06:53 PM
http://www.ffonline.com/ff6/

vegeta1215
06-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior
Personally, I'd use the Paladin Shield for Ultima teaching, and just use Ragnarok as a sword. But that's just me.

You can teach people Ultima with the Paladin Shield? I thought only the Ragnarok Esper shard could do that? (which you can't get if you pick the sword instead)

inori
06-07-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
You can teach people Ultima with the Paladin Shield? I thought only the Ragnarok Esper shard could do that? (which you can't get if you pick the sword instead)

Nope, you can do it with either, or both (learn twice as fast). Of course, first you have to uncurse the shield, and that takes quite a while in and of itself...

Rijuhn
06-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Weapons can teach people magic? Is it just the Phoenix shield that does this or do other items have similar effects? I also would like to know because just today while leveling up Tera she learned Life 2 out of no where. I checked and not one of my espers teaches that yet, nor do any of her items have descriptions that would say they do. She is using Atma Weapon however, so I'm not sure if that's the case. Maybe she just learns magic as she levels up?

Oh, and one more question! What is so great about the Atma Weapon sword? It's description doesn't make any sense. It leads me to believe that it makes your HP gain faster if you level up with it, but I've seen no really improvement on those who've had it.

PS: Thanks for all the help guys, I've really been wanting to beat FF6 for so long now.

Masamune
06-07-2003, 09:53 PM
i think terra and celes leanr magic automaticly depending on level. i remember in the beginning, she learns antidote out of no where also.

Cloral
06-07-2003, 10:18 PM
People do learn some spells on their own. I've had a number of characters (including Gau and Edgar) learn Ice2 without an esper.
The AtmaSword is a sword whose strength depends on your current HP. If you're at max HP it's pretty strong, but if you're weak it sucks.

Rijuhn
06-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Oh, now it makes sense Cloral. And I do remember Celes learning antidote out of no where in the beginning. Why can't recent RPG's be even 1/10 the fun of the classics?

Happyman
06-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Terra and Celes learn magic on their own. Celes learns Merton at Level 98 and Terra learns Ultima (w00t!) at level 99. :D

Darunia
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
People do learn some spells on their own. I've had a number of characters (including Gau and Edgar) learn Ice2 without an esper.

Hmm, no. They learnt Ice2 from the ICE SHIELD, which teaches Ice2 at a rate of x1

Other magic-teacher equipment:

Thunder Dhield, Bolt2, x1
Flame Shield, Fire2, x1
Imp Equipment, Imp, x1(Or x5, I forgot)
Paladin Shield, ULTIMA!!!, x1
Cursed Ring, X-Zone, x5 (BOO!!! Oh, and it can't be uncursed)
I think there is more, but from the top of my head...

About the AtmaWeapon...

1. Is defense Ignoring
2. Has an special Level multiplier damage formula (When is Damage*Level, it is Damage*Level^2, or something like that), but then the total damage is cut to a 1/64th.
3. the damage it does, also, is equal to the %of HP you have over your TOTAL HP.

I hope I helped :)

AtmaWeapon
06-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Celes learns Ice3 at some point, as well. For any classic games, check out http://www.gamefaqs.com , it amazes me how few people know about this positively necessary site.

vegeta1215
06-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Huh, that's cool that armor can teach magic. I wonder how'd you figure that out? I guess if you just learn spells out of no where.

I go to gamefaqs on a daily basis. It is the best site online!

AtmaWeapon
06-15-2003, 10:08 PM
There's a way to figure out if an item teaches magic. I haven't fired up the game in a while, but I believe if you go to the inventory screen and double-select the armor, you are taken to a screen with lots of tasty tidbits.

King
06-17-2003, 08:54 PM
I didn't know you could learn magic from equipment. Damn, I thought I knew everything about FF6, too!

stormwatcheagle
06-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey, did you knoe you can customise Gogo with any special abilites other charachters have? I own this game, so I can help you, but it's been a while since i've played the whole thing myself. Luckly, i'm helping my little bros play through FF6, 7, and 9 at the same time right now. I also have Tactics beat. If you have Final Fantasy questions, now is a good time to ask.