PDA

View Full Version : activate all triggers...

eatyourneighbors
06-06-2003, 11:16 AM
dunno how exactly to word this...say i have a dungeon where i want all of a certain secret to be triggered before you can confront the boss (for instance, all torches lit in an ENTIRE dungeon, not just one room) or even all enemies defeated in the entire dungeon...

i understand how to do this in a linear way, and i understand how concievably i could do it using different same looking maps...HOWEVER, i want to be able to trigger these events in any order...so for instance, if there are 30 rooms with a torch in each, you could light them in any order...but they all had to be lit to allow you to face the boss/get the secret item/etc...

is there any way to do this? anyone have a trick?

Yoshiman
06-06-2003, 11:22 AM
No. You can't do something like that. You can create a secret when you destroy every enemy in one room, but not in a whole slew of rooms. Sorry :shrug:

Blonde799
06-06-2003, 12:30 PM
You can do this sort of thing with normal keys/boss keys. Have link acquire one for each room completed, using different DMaps. Then, have a series of screens in which link needs to "unlock" the path to wherever, as you'll need normal/boss lock block and a screen for each key. With some "curtains" to cover up the mechanics, and some actual thinking of how you'll set it up, you'll be able to pull it off.

Cloral
06-06-2003, 04:05 PM
What you should think about is doing something like what was done in the Fire Temple in OoT. You had to save a number of gorons in order to get to the boss, but by the way it was laid out (namely, that there were keys in each cell) it became part of the level progression. So probably the best way to handle this would be to have each torch either grant you a key, or trigger a passage somewhere. If you're creative about it, it won't feel linear.

eatyourneighbors
06-07-2003, 04:16 AM
you know, i have no idea why i didn't think to encorperate keys and locked doors into this puzzle...an absolutely elemetary thing with a little ingenuity solves the problem. thanks cloral and blonde!!