PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd Armos Problem

Espo
06-05-2003, 10:01 PM
I've been working on a quest for a while now. I have most of the basic stuff down. The very first screen of my quest involves moving an armos statue to reveal a staircase which leads to a cave where you get the raft to get yourself off of an island. I've had this working for months now and I've tested it. Now, I was just trying to test out what I have from the beginning and for some reason the armos won't reveal the staircase. When this armos is pushed, it comes alive and moves. However, the tile that remains is an armos statue that will not move and cannot be walked on. I have the armose->secret flag placed on the armos combo that should reveal the staircase. I have the stair combo in the secret combo menu set to a stair combo. I have the tile warp set to where the cave that gives the raft is. I cannot understand why this is no longer working. Any ideas?

idontknow
06-05-2003, 10:02 PM
hmm..i think you should have put this in the bugs forum if you think its a bug, but it sounds like ur not sure, although to me it sounds like a bug--double check yourself. Most importantly, what version are you using? beta 182?

Espo
06-05-2003, 10:04 PM
indeed 182... i have had some interesting bug problems... but i always doubt myself on bugs cause i do not claim to be a pro at ZQ

Ganonator
06-05-2003, 10:50 PM
hrm... try putting the yellow 'staircase' locator on that armos. That's all i can say to you. Maybe changing the secret 'misc type' combos all to stairs as well.

Freedom
06-05-2003, 11:58 PM
You don't have another armos on a layer do you?
like layer 2?

Espo
06-06-2003, 01:03 AM
There are no layers on this screen (except of course layer 0). this should be a simple armos staircase deal. i have used it and it worked and i didn't change anything. me supspects it may be a bug. crap

Zeldageek
06-06-2003, 06:59 PM
hrm... try putting the yellow 'staircase' locator on that armos. That's all i can say to you. Maybe changing the secret 'misc type' combos all to stairs as well.

Ganonator's right. I tried it, and it worked in my quest. The funny part is, maybe you put the under combo as an Armos Knight and had other Armos Knights around in that screen. Maybe you forgot which Armos it was! Just kidding. But Ganonator's right still.