PDA

View Full Version : Answering Machine

carrot red
06-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Answering Machine Messages Therapy

Enjoy.

-“Hi! Jan's answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.”

-“Hi. I'm probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.”

-“This is not an answering machine this is a telepathic thought recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your call.”

-“Hi. This is Kevin and Diana's vacuum cleaner. Their appliances have switched jobs again, and I get to answer the phone 'cause my old job sucked. So leave a message after you hear the beep, and you can be sure it's in the bag.”

-“You're growing tired. Your eyelids are getting heavy. You feel very sleepy now. You are gradually losing your willpower and your ability to resist suggestions. When you hear the tone, you will feel helplessly compelled to leave your name, number, and a message.”

-“ Hello, you've reached Jim and Sonya. We can't pick up the phone right now because we're doing something we really enjoy. Sonya likes doing it up and down, and I like doing it left to right...real slowly. So leave a message, and when we're done brushing our teeth we'll get back to you.”

-“Hi, you've reached Jim's answering machine. Jimmy isn't home right now, but whatever you have to say to him, you can tell me. We're VERY close and we tell each other everything.”

-“You've reached the home of the greatest psychic on earth. Since I already know who you are and why you've called, please hang up after the beep tone.”

-"Speak, worm!"

-“Hi you've reached the home of Ida & Alan also known as 007 agents. If you get this machine, we are probably saving the world. This tape will self destruct in 5...4...3...2...1... (BEEP).”

-“You've called our number, but we don't care. If we did, we'd be here. So leave a message at the tone, and we'll call you back, when you’re not home.”

-“Hi, I am a machine. Why do you hate talking to me? I never hurt anyone. Can we talk after the beep?””

-“How do you keep an idiot in suspense? Leave a message and I'll get back to you...”

-"Hi, this is Jackie, it hurts me inside to know I missed your call...OUCH. Leave your painful message after the beep."

-“Oh my, my life is so boring as an answering machine. My owners’ life is so much better and that’s why they're not here. All I can say is leave me a message and I'll THINK about giving it to the owners.”

-“Hi, This is Jenny. Press 1 if you are going to ask me out, 2 if you want to apologize for something, 3 if you just called to say I am a princess, and 4 if you are going to say something else (Will be automatically deleted!) Thanks.”

moocow
06-05-2003, 11:35 AM
The recording on my answering machine (my phone is now my sister's phone, how that happened is beyond me), was...

"Hello?"
*silence*
"Hello, who is this?"
*silence*
"Oh, hi! This is Chandra, I'm either not home or I just saw your number on the caller ID and didn't want to answer. Leave a message after the beep and if I feel like talking to you I'll call you back later." *beep*

The "Hello?" part got everyone everytime they called. It was great. :D

Starkist
06-05-2003, 11:53 AM
"Hello, you've reached the home of... whoever you're calling. We can't take your call right now because we're at Moe's Tavern with a frosty mug of Duff Beer. Mmmm... Duff... Please leave a message at the beep and we'll call you back if there isn't a good wrestling match on TV. Beep. D'oh!" - Homer Simpson

TheGeepster
06-05-2003, 12:14 PM
I'll have to make use of some of these ideas. People can be so hilarious at times.

(Just a note, I've heard moocow's message idea before, and I think it's rather annoying..)

fatcatfan
06-05-2003, 12:58 PM
"Hi there. Bill can't come to the phone because he's in the tub with champagne and bubbles. Bubbles can't come to the phone because her hair is wet."

TheGeepster
06-05-2003, 01:04 PM
And here I thought you were a clean-cut guy fcf. :)

Unless Bubbles is the wife..

Dracula
06-05-2003, 01:26 PM
The message I have for my cell phone...

"Hey, if you can hear this, that means I finally figured out how to use voice mail... You can tell me who you are, why you called, and where you live... Eh, forget the last part..." *beep*

carrot red
06-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
And here I thought you were a clean-cut guy fcf. :)

Unless Bubbles is the wife..
But he is, Geepa.
Bubbles is mom's nickname and it's only on the answering machine of the private line.

I wanted to use that of the vacuum cleaner, but didn't let me for a weird reason. That's called oppression.:tongue:

Gerudo
06-06-2003, 02:55 PM
o_o

sorry but i totally got the wrong idea when i read the last sentence, carrot... shame on me... (this isnt ASWGL!) ^_^

anyways, the voicemail on my phone for the longest time was:
"hey this is josh, leave a msg and ill call you back if i feel like it"

carrot red
06-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
[B
-“Hi. This is Kevin and Diana's vacuum cleaner. Their appliances have switched jobs again, and I get to answer the phone 'cause my old job sucked. So leave a message after you hear the beep, and you can be sure it's in the bag.”
[/B]
This is the one I was talking about, Geru.
I'm an angel in disguise? :saint:

And I forgot the *he* (didn't let me use it) in my last post.

TheGeepster
06-07-2003, 04:25 AM
Well, I'll have to meet Bubbles as well then.. and if it helps, I'll let ya use the vacuum message on my answering machine, carrot. (fatcatfan can oversee if he wants. Family is always welcome)

I did have a friend use something not unlike the refrigerator on his answering machine.

Gerudo
06-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by carrot red
I wanted to use that of the vacuum cleaner, but didn't let me for a weird reason. That's called oppression.:tongue:

Originally posted by Gerudo
o_o

sorry but i totally got the wrong idea when i read the last sentence, carrot... shame on me... (this isnt ASWGL!) ^_^

i hope these 2 quotes will show you what was running though my mind...

carrot red
06-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Geru, I know what you meant. But I'm called a vacuum cleaner where food I like is concerned, I like the one about the answering machine and heard the one that belongs to ASWGL.
I have a long history with home appliances, it seems.

Geepa, it helps and he will, rest assured. You don't even know half of it, you should see his friends too.

Ich
06-07-2003, 06:40 PM
My brother's cell phone is "...can't talk... raising the dead... leave... message... *scream*"