PDA

View Full Version : imovie for windows????

blew_flame
06-04-2003, 03:03 PM
i know that there is no such thing but i really want to make this movie but windows movie maker sucks. does anyone know where i could find another FREE movie maker that does about the same as imovie?

SquishyMon
06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
You could try WMM 2.0 (unless that's the one you're talking about).

Ich
06-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Find a friend who has a Mac. There isn't a chance that Windows would let their users know what they've been missing out on; pandemonium would ensue, and PC's would post major losses for this quarter, and be out of business by the next.

Radium
06-05-2003, 01:41 AM
I would go with professional software off of KazaA Lite ;) :D

moocow
06-05-2003, 12:12 PM
I agree with Radium. iMovie isn't that great anyway :p But then again, I haven't messed with Window Movie Maker yet... I have it I just haven't messed with it. :p

Pablo
06-05-2003, 10:30 PM
If making movies is any more complex than making images, I'll just die :p

If I were you, I'd skip downloading anything, and run to the store to buy Dazzle. It seems to be the Photoshop of movies, from what I've heard.

blew_flame
06-06-2003, 02:04 AM
radium- if i was trying to download professional software what would that be???like what software????
thanx

vegeta1215
06-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I haven't used the Windows Movie Maker, but I've used iMovie. Myself and a group of students had to make a 5 minute movie in our web design class (I have no idea why we did it in web design class, but it was alot of fun) using a dv camera and iMovie on Mac OS 9.

Our movie turned out to be a kung fu parody. I wasn't there for the filming, but I did all the editing. I tell ya, the editor has the hardest job.Thankfully we had some good footage and I pulled off some cool shots - including one where I spliced some reversed clips together to make it look like my friend jumped way up onto this balcony!

You really have to get into it. You can do alot if you're clever, even with limited software - take a look at Zelda Classic 1.84 - it didn't have alot of the features that newer versions of ZC have, but people found ways around it's limitations to make great quests.