PDA

View Full Version : $8 Million book

carrot red
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Hillary Clinton's Book Details Betrayal

Washington.
Hillary Rodham Clinton says her husband's relationship with Monica Lewinsky caused so much pain that, at one point, Buddy the dog was the only member of the family willing to keep President Clinton company.

Read the rest here. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=512&ncid=703&e=1&u=/ap/20030604/ap_on_go_co/hillary_clinton_book)

plith
06-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Bah. Why not hear about some other woman's sad story of betrayal and adultery? I'm tired of hearing about how much money Hillary is making because her husband did something phenomenally stupid.

TheGeepster
06-04-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm hearing some reports from that time which contradict the idea that she didn't know and that they weren't talking. I'm just not interested in hearing her side when I can't be sure she's being honest (something which is a bit of a challenge to some).

slothman
06-04-2003, 06:43 PM
I saw somethinglike that "only" 5% of Americans will rush out and buy this book. I wouldn't mind if 14 million people bought my book.

carrot red
06-04-2003, 06:54 PM
At $28 the copy, don't want to know how much that makes.

Ich
06-04-2003, 10:15 PM
$28 * 14,000,000 = 392,000,000.

At least it helps the economy by giving some to the publishers, printers, paper makers, ink manufacturers, book binders, and copy readers. And a sizable chunk (too large for my liking) to Hillary Goddam Clinton.

Pablo
06-04-2003, 11:43 PM
There's no news like bad news...especially if it's a scandal.

The way I see it, Mrs (or is it Ms? Are they divorced?) Clinton is getting what she deserves (admittedly, that plus a whole lot more). After all, her husband was unfaithful, which is a fairly big deal in my eyes.

Then again, the whole setup seems fishy. Hillary Clinton making millions off her husband's conveniently timed adultery? Or is she simply a very shrewd and ruthless businesswoman? :shrug:

TheGeepster
06-05-2003, 12:09 PM
It's my theory that she was genuinely upset when William Jefferson's indisgression came out, but not for the reason she says. I think she was upset that her husband, then president, had embarassed her.

Of course, maybe I'm just skeptical of Hillary in general..

Oh, I heard a soundbite that was pretty good. She mentioned the her book was to give America all the details of her eight years in the White House. I thought that was an interesting way to put it.

moocow
06-05-2003, 12:17 PM
It's no one's fault but her own. She obviously wasn't keeping him happy... all he wanted was a little head...

/me dies laughing.

Sorry.

I'm gonna write a book and make money.

/me writes a book about bullshit that no one cares about