PDA

View Full Version : Political quotes

carrot red
06-02-2003, 09:30 PM
What are your favorite political quotes?

Here are some of mine in no paticular order:

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty"
John F. Kennedy

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

"We will not waver, we will not tire, we will not falter and we will not fail"
George Bush Jr.

"There is a rank due to the United States, among nations, which will be withheld, if not absolutely lost, by the reputation of weakness. If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known that we are at all times ready for war."
George Washington

"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language."
Mark Twain

And my personal favorite:
"I invented the Internet"
I forgot by whom.

Now let's hear yours.

Dracula
06-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Al Gore inveted the internet... That also means I invented the little plastic thing at the end of your shoe laces... :shrug:

SquishyMon
06-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Dracula, they're called aglets.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - director of the US Patent Office, 1899

"And for the tourist who really wants to get away from it all, safaris in Vietnam." - Newsweek magazine, predicting popular holidays for the late 1960s

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."
- Harry S. Truman

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert Humphrey

"Well, sure, the government lies, and the newspapers lie. But in a democracy, they aren't the same lies."
- Alexis A. Gilliland

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
- Blaise Pascal

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
- Winston Churchill

"I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Campaign speech, June 10, 1940

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer."
- Robert Frost

"I am not a Marxist."
- Karl Marx

TheGeepster
06-03-2003, 02:03 AM
Some excellent quotes here. But that Marx quote can't be real, can it? :confused2:

Here's a classic, I hope I get it right.

He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither. Benjamin Franklin.

skidphyzz
06-03-2003, 07:51 PM
mine isn't "We choose to go to the moon in this decade, and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are haaad". - John Kennedy