PDA

View Full Version : weather thingy

Crazy_Link
06-02-2003, 06:54 PM
How do you like make it snow or rain. I've seen other quests with them.

This might be a repeat thread. Sorry if it is.

idontknow
06-02-2003, 07:04 PM
well, you make a combo of the snow/rain, set the # of animations frames (which is the # of consecutive tiles in the combo animation series) and then set the animation speed (the higher, the slower, 0 being really fast) Then put the rain/snow on layer 5 or 6, so that it is over everything, including link, items, all enemies, and other layers. Vuala! If you need to know how to make layers, check out my tutorial (the link is below in my signature) if you dont even know how to make tiles and combos, check out the basic zquest tutorial (the link to it is in a thread at the top of this forum)

Crazy_Link
06-03-2003, 01:09 AM
What do you mean layers 5 & 6

Questwizard88
06-03-2003, 01:13 AM
those are the layers thatr appear above link and flying enemies.

Crazy_Link
06-03-2003, 02:35 AM
I still don't get it. Where/How do you do this?

TheGeepster
06-03-2003, 02:53 AM
If you have the latest beta, you can go to Data->Layers and set up a particular layer for that screen. 0 is the only default layer, and isn't changeable. It's also where you want your triggers for secrets.

Layers 1&2 appear under Link and enemies Any solid obstacles must be placed here to be effective
Layers 3&4 are over Link but under some enemies.
Layers 5&6 are over everything and usually used for things like weather and patterns of overhead trees. (Think the Lost Woods in LttP)

zed_cool
06-03-2003, 02:57 AM
So you make a screen how you want the overthing to look like, then you go to the screen where you want the overthing and select the screen where the overthingis at layer 5 or 6. And you got what you want over!!

Crazy_Link
06-03-2003, 02:50 PM
OK, Go to Data then Layers, what do I do next?

idontknow
06-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Each column is for the data for each layer--like the 5th column is for layer 5. If you want to set up the data for that layer, then click directly on the red number in the row called "Map #" and then set the # of whatever map it is the screen being used for the layer is on. Then click on the red # in the row called "Scrn #" and type in the # of the screen coordinates for the screen being used for the layer. Also, check or uncheck the check box in the row called "Trans." which means, transparent...transparent layers are semi-see through--in other words, you can see anything that will be underneath that layer; transparent layers sort of 'blend' together to come up with a semi-clear color; transparent layers are good for things like clouds.